Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

My working settings SPA-3102 faxing over POTS w/Brother fax

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by FGCUHank, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FGCUHank

FGCUHank New Member

First I want to give thanks to leejor for assistance in the past with CID on the SPA3102 and to abc123 with assistance on faxing with the SPA3102.

It took me a long time to sort this out and I've seen so many other posts about it that I thought I'd post all my settings. I'm not going to go into major details here as you can see how everything is set with the attached PDF's

With the SPA3102 I have proper CID and also inbound and outbound faxing to a Brother MFC-440CN.

Notes:

First set the Brother to international mode or on my device they called it compatibility mode. This slows the unit down to 9600 baud.

Next configure an extension in 3cx as a fax extension, not a regular extension.

Disable Fax Enable T.38 on the Line 1 tab on the SPA-3102

All the images posted are places where I changed something on the SPA after performing a factory reset.

Attached Files:

2. FGCUHank

FGCUHank New Member

Re: My working settings SPA-3102 faxing over POTS w/Brother

Here are the SIP pages, looks like I maxed out on the number of images in the first post.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.