MyPhone Can't Connect

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ITRCO, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ITRCO

I have several clients that can no longer connect using MyPhone. They are outside of our firewall. They can browse to 3cx.mycompany.com:5000/myphone. From here I can install and uninstall the application but when i attempt to login using the web page, it fails with error message, "Cannot connect to server. Please check you connection and contact the administrator." When the MyPhone application attempts to login, it fails with the message: "3CX Myphone is unable to login. Possible reasons might be the following..." I have disabled the firewall on the PC but it still doesn't connect.

Thanks for your help.

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

Any notifications in 3cx server activity log / server event log?

3. ITRCO

I don't see any activity in the log. I can telnet from the client using port 5000.

4. ITRCO

Anything else I can use to troubleshoot this? Naturally this effects the heaviest user I have.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

There are a few things you may need to check -

1. Is the MyPhone application authorized for this extension? This can be found in the extensions tab and then 3CXMyPhone. Perhaps you did a recent upgrade and the feature if off by default or someone accidentally changed.

2. Look in the Windows error logs (not 3CX). You might find something there as perhaps you have reached the iis limit associated to the OS upon which your instance is running.

3. Restart all in 3CX service status, but look to see if something is not green (already running).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.