MyPhone changing status incorrectly

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

User has specific Office Hours set.
    He normally keeps MyPhone set to "Automatically Switch my status to "Out of Office" outside of office hours".
    The checkbox is currently unchecked because he is on the road travelling and set status to "Out Of Office" with a Comment - "Travelling".
    However, at 8am - the system changes him to Available.
    29-08-2012 08:00:05.875 Settings of Extn:4955 has been updated
    And again at 5pm to Out Of Office
    28-08-2012 17:01:06.840 Settings of Extn:4955 has been updated

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I correct in my thinking that even though he has hours set - the checkbox should be affecting what happens.
    BTW: We do not have GLOBAL OFFICE HOURS SET - so I do not thinkg the system is doing an Office Hours change.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Seems logical enough as you have suggested. Did you check to see what the extension shows for auto in the 3CX console? Jus curious

3. craigreilly

Extension details mirror MyPhone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mirjam.nz

Hi Craig

I have experienced a similar wrong behavior with automatic change of user status on specific hours.

Only after GLOBAL OFFICE HOURS were configured, the extension was switching correctly from one profile to an other profile on it's extension specific Office Hours.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Miriam

5. craigreilly

Here is is again...
    29-08-2012 13:52:51.852 [CM503001]: Call(C:7388): Incoming call from Extn:4955 to <sip:*30@10.0.0.12:5060>

So - I should set Global Office Hours even though we don't use them ?

But note that this happened from the phone... how the??? I don't know of any rules in the YL phones that do this. Larry?

6. lneblett

Craig -

I have sites that use both global and specific office hours. Keep in mind that office hours may affect system extensions as well. So, for instance, you may have global hours set to accommodate how your inbound trunks are handled.

At one site running v11, I have users some with global and some with specific. Those with global settings do not have the auto change turned on and constantly stay available. This is how I anticipate it to work in this scenario.

Those with specific hours all have auto enabled and sure enough, their status does automatically change as it is specified according to the hours. Again, how I would expect it to work.

This sounds, sans the global setting, pretty much your experience as well. I do not know if specific is dependent upon global as suggested by Miriam. He may be onto something, but what happens in the event that your hours are 24X7? In this case, is there really a need to set global hours at all?

I had always assumed that if I manually made a change to the status, then this would override whatever setting was in effect at the time and regardless of how set. Further, I assumed that it would stay that way until such time as I manually changed the setting back to a status that would otherwise be in effect at the time if in auto. In otherwords, if I changed the status to Away or other during a time that would normally be Available, it would stay until I changed it. If I revert the Away status back to Available when the hours would otherwise have it Available, then I assume the auto feature would take back over. Similarly, if hours were OUT and I came in after hours and changed to Available it would stay that way until I changed back to OUT during an OUT period.

The above is conjecture on my part.

In your case you are describing a scenario where a user with specific hours is having the status changed while the auto setting is disabled. Interesting indeed. What is also interesting is that when setting office hours in the console, it states that it is applicable to all profiles. Given that I have users with global hours and the global hours are not 24x7 and they do not change, this makes me wonder why they do not change as they do with you and specific. Miriam may have found something, but no there is nothing in the phone...make or model that influences this.

I wonder what would happen if you were to turn auto back on, wait until the status changes to available and then manually change to out of office? I would like to think that it will remain in that status until such time as your person returns and changes it back to Available during an Available status.

I will run some tests in the meantime.

7. lneblett

OK, I did some testing this AM.

I did with specific office hours while global were also in effect. I did global only and I did specific only. I used auto on each as well as had auto turned off on each. I used the system clock to force traversal of the Available to Out of Office and vice versa.

The results I encoutered are:

If the auto setting is engaged, then the status settings will change at the appointed time and to the appropriate status regardless of which office hour setting the extension is pointed. When set to global, the settings changed at 8:00 AM as programmed. When set to specific, they changed at 9:00AM as programmed.

If the auto setting is not engaged, then the status settings do not change regardless of the office hour setting.

The same holds true when no global hours are set, but only specific hours are established.

This dispels my theory about manual settings and runs counter to the experience expressed by Miriam. For all intents and purposes, it seems to operate exactly as the settigs would seem to suggest (imagine that!) and to what Craig originally thought.......but, is not experiencing.

I can only suggest a few items:

1. Go back though the user's extension settings with a fine tooth comb, even to the extent of changing them and then changing back and especially his office hour set-up.
    2. Test as I did (using the system clock and with the various settings) and see if you can replicate the issue in a controlled environment.
    3. Could it somehow be related to running in a VMware environment?

My testing was done on a 64b WIN7 Pro machine running V11 SP1 with plenty of memory and horsepower.

8. craigreilly

Waiting on my live system to hit 8am.
    I have 2 extensions with Office Hours, but not currently set to use them.
    They are both in OOO mode.
    I expect neither of them to turn over to Available.

1 more minute...

Both just became available.

9. craigreilly

I have not added Global Hours yet...

Will this do anything on its own if I simply set these hours - what else do I need to be on the lookout for in the Console?
    I know about "Disable calls outside of Office Hours", and all of my inbound rules have the path during and outside of office hours.

My main trunk routes to the receptionist phone and depending on her status - calls take a different path - AVAILABLE rings, AWAY rings a backup ring group, OOO - Night mode for DR and CUSTOM1 for Weekends to goto a Backline Ring Group.

So - I do not think setting up Global Office Hours will have any affect.

10. craigreilly

I took Miriam advice and set Global OFFICE Hours to 8am-5pm M-F.
    I then set MyPhone to OOO. I set my personal office hours to 8:10am-5:00pm for Thursday.
    Whatta ya know. The extension didn't change this time.
    I then set my extension to listen to my personal office hours - and set intime to 8:12am. It changed my status as it did before.

So - I would agree - That is a bug for sure.

11. lneblett

OK, so now take away global and see what happens.

I had my system set with global from the beginning, so maybe once set, it does something internal to the config database.

12. craigreilly

Thats the Lightbulb moment right there... I removed the Global Hours and it worked. It did not change my status.

I can forward these results to my vendor to submit as a bug... unless you were planning to Larry ?

As always - thanks for your help!

13. lneblett

I will do it. I already have another issue running so what is one more. The other issue I have is that the email is sending me error messages as it should, but the messages date back to january. So, in the course of a day, I get 200-500 emails all being replicas of prior emails and not neccesarily triggerred by a then current event.

14. lneblett

Craig -

What version and SP are you running?

15. craigreilly

System updates tab shows SP Version = 1, but as far as I know this is the original v11 release as SP1 is still a work in progress.

16. lneblett

OK, have sent them info. They reported that it was a known bug in the initial Beta release, but was fixed in the final. Given your scenario, such does not appear to be the case. We will see.

17. craigreilly

Thanks Larry.

... till next time!

18. lneblett

Here is the reply -

From a testing and training scenario the need for Office Hours (global) should always be there. These should be the widest possible....from the earliest starting person / team to the last person / team in the office.

You would then control the hours by DID / Extension.

What we possibly have in your setup is a scenario that is not catered for in the design / test plan so we shall seek the opinion of the support manager . We shall revert tomorrow with updates.

I pointed out that if the need is there, then it would be ideal to mention this in the manual and/or include in the initial set-up wizard. I mentioned that for some operations running 24x7, the need for office hours might not be apparent as it would not be likely that call handling switching at the DID or VoIP provider level would be needed for many users.

In any event, now we know and thanks to the support team for their quick response.

19. craigreilly

very nice...

thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.