Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

MyPhone Chat

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cjtrevor, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjtrevor

Hi

I've got 2 extensions and each running myphone in a test setup.

When using the "Chat" from one to another, the recipient of the chat message doesn't seem to get any notification to alert them. Ie the myphone box doesn't pop up, or anything else. So unless the recipient happens to make Myphone the active window, they won't know that a chat message came in.

I see in preferences that you can play a sound. But this doesn't address the issue of when the recipient isn't at their computer or their screensaver is active.

Am I missing something obvious here or is this a limitation?

Chris

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I am on Win7 and just tested it. The only "notification " I really see is the icon flashing in the taskbar.

If user hits EXIT - which just minimizes app to "Hidden Icons" or similar, I see no notification.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. efounco

efounco New Member

I have a long list of complaints about 3CX Myphone. Instead of listing them here and possibly angering the admins or developers at 3CX, I simply choose not to deploy it. In an environment where users actually work on their PCs, 3CX Myphone is nothing more than a fancy interface for checking and deleting voice mail messages from a PC.

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Nothing is ever perfect but I'm sure the developers will improve myphone over time, with that being said the majority of my clients think its a great tool and use it in their everyday course of work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I use Myphone all day every day of the week with no huge issues I cant work around.

6. cjtrevor

Hi Craig

Thanks for the info - we're using XP, so I wonder if this is a difference.
    As for me, the minimised app doesn't flash, so you have no knowledge there is a chat waiting.

7. mazingtree

I use teh MyPhone app and find it very useful.

It would make the Chat more useful if the Chat popped up on the screen, perhaps theer needs to be a a check for "Pop Up Chat window" like there is for other notifications. I can see tah there is a sound notification now in Version 11 (might have exeisted before of course) but that's no use if the user is away from their desk.

I have a client that would like somethign to be able to send Instant messages to pass on phone messages, but currently with a hidden Chat window it's not going to be any more instant that email, and in fact the mesage will be lost of the app is closed.

I think with a Popup it would be useful - currently you would have to call someone, to say, stand by I'm going to send a Chat message!!

Otherwise I find the MyPhone invaluable, I use for dialling from outlook all day, and when I come back to my desk I can see who has been calling me, if they exist in outlook contacts.
    great work

Thank you.

John

8. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

you might also notice that the Chat Window is restricted by the bounds of MyPhone window. So, maybe that has something to do with it... as it is not its own pop-up but a pop-up within another program instance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.