MyPhone desktop/CRM installation issues, SideBySide errors

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcbsys, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    I've recently installed 3CX 10. Then on my Win7 SP1 x64 box, I installed the MyPhone local desktop components (version 10.0.24018.2322) and the CRM Integration Module. I'm doing this in order to develop a custom CRM module, so I didn't want to install Outlook integration, nor did I want to install an existing CRM plugin. I encountered these issues:

- When installing the CRM integration module, I didn't check any plugins. Then the module would not start because the following folder did not exist: "C:\Program Files (x86)\3CX CRM Integration\Plugins". I had to re-install with one of the plugins selected even though I will not use it.

- The MyPhone integration installation did not offer the option of not installing the Outlook plugin. However when I started Outlook, it asked if it was okay for the 3CX plugin to install, and I said no. Now I am getting the following error in the Application event log:

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        SideBySide
    Event ID:      72
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Activation context generation failed for "C:\ProgramData\3CXMyPhone Client Addin\3CX Outlook Addin\3CX Outlook Addin.dll.Manifest".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\ProgramData\3CXMyPhone Client Addin\3CX Outlook Addin\3CX Outlook Addin.dll.Manifest" on line 4. The element asmv2:clrClassInvocation appears as a child of element urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1^entryPoint which is not supported by this version of Windows.
    These issues are not stopping my work but 3CX might want to fix them in future versions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.