• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

MyPhone error

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris.nijdam

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm suffering from a myphone error. Every time i try to open the myphone interface (192.168.1.2:5000/myphone), i get the login screen and when i enter the credentials an error pops up:

" A critical error occurred and the settings could not be load for the current extension "

And then i return to the login in screen.

I did some searching on google but the only page that has come is this one:
http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/error-when-loading-3cx-myphone/

It suggests it is a problem with Microsoft Visual Studio installed on the Phone System.
However I just did a clean install of the OS and of the PBX (only 3CX is installed, nothing more nothing less). Strangest thing is I was able to login once via myphone, but after relogging in the problem persisted.

Is there someone out there that has the solution to my problem?

Specs:
OS; Windows Server 2008
3CX v10

Thanks in advance

Chris

Are you using IIS or Abyss? Can you log into MyPhone successfully using any other extensions login credentials? Are you getting this when logging in from the browser or a local install of MyPhone?

I'm using the Abyss webserver.

I've tried other extensions with the same result.

I'm getting this when i log in via a browser, because i keep returing to the login screen i'm not able to install the myphone app.

Just reinstalling under IIS, same result...

Did you restore your existing configuration or perform a clean install of 3CX? If not i would try a clean install of 3CX, don't restore a config and see if it still gets the same error. If that's the case its something Server related probably something to do with your .NET Framework installation.

Update

Ik kept giving a silverlight error, no matter what i did (reinstalling everything, not using a backup file etc).
However i managed to run the system properly when I, as an act of desperation, installed Win XP pro on the server. It's not as elegant as server 2008, but hey it works.

Thanks for your input.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.