MyPhone gripes

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jcasares, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcasares

Well, as I didn't read any post summarizing the missing features and problems with the new MyPhone interface I'm doing one.

1. No popup on incoming call. If you will be answering that MyPhone window popups, that's not useful at all. You have a lot of data there and it's confusing when you're deciding to answer or not a call and what to expect from it. Assistant provided a wonderful solution.

2. Daily log-off with no automatic re-login. With assistant you were never logged out unless you do so. With MyPhone each and every day I need to log-in by providing credentials.

3. Lost customization. Whenever it log-off itself you lose any customization you did for columns and opened groups. This happened with Assistant but only when you restarted the client. Now it's happening continuously.

4. Auto-away on computer lock. Whit assistant you were able to set away status whenever your computer was locked. This isn't happening anymore.

5. Calling popup. Shortcut for calling isn't really bad but was much better when you had an input box and not all the assistant screen. Again, more data isn't always better.

6. Chat. The window is restricted to MyPhone's interface boundaries. It should be a floating window instead and of course, resizeable.

7. Misplaced legend. Status button (the one with green, orange and red colors) should have the legend besides it and not added at the end of contact name and extension.

8. No minimize to systray. This is a feature that should have been available since day one. I really hope it's available soon. A lot of users are complaining and they have a reason to do so.

MyPhone could be a wonderful technical solution and most probably have a lot of potential but for now it's just a poor replacement for assistant. A lot of work has to be done and soon to recover lost features. I really hope to see improvements in this area in the following weeks.

Of course, if you found another missing feature or issue with MyPhone are welcome to post it here.

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

#2 is because 3CX has decided to restart the Abyss web service every day which causes MyPhone to lose its connection and log out. I agree that this is annoying and makes the "remember me" button completely pointless.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CCSNET

Yep couldn't agree more with all points, the new system is fare "prettier" and integrated than the old, but it feels like we've lost so much in the process.

at the moment we also seem to have lost the ability to look up contacts from other sources, unless i missing something i.e. from sage ??

4. HeMan

Is there any ETA on any of these (from our POV point 1, 2, 5, 6 and 8 are the most important)?

I am taking so much moaning from our users we may have to consider going back to V9 unless something is on the way?

5. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello,

As I responded to your other post, the features you mention above are in the works and shouldn't be too long. The only one I can comment on is number 2. Abyss will need to be restarted, therefore if users decide to keep MyPhone open 24/7 the need to log in again daily will or at least restart MyPhone for remember me to take effect will, reasons for this have been mentioned previously by Nicky here: http://www.3cx.com/forums/v10-abys-web-server-restarting-everyday-at-04-00am-yes-20530.html

As I mentioned before, reverting to V9 to address issues until updates are made are at your discretion but in my opinion I don't think the time and trouble of reverting users to V9 and the assistant for a short period of time is worth your efforts.

Regards,

Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

ans inline >>

Well, as I didn't read any post summarizing the missing features and problems with the new MyPhone interface I'm doing one.

1. No popup on incoming call. If you will be answering that MyPhone window popups, that's not useful at all. You have a lot of data there and it's confusing when you're deciding to answer or not a call and what to expect from it. Assistant provided a wonderful solution.

>>MyPhone is your mobile on your computer. A mobile pops up nothing. We want to make it just like your mobile. iPhone, Android - whatever.

2. Daily log-off with no automatic re-login. With assistant you were never logged out unless you do so. With MyPhone each and every day I need to log-in by providing credentials.

>>We are going to simplify this. You will have login details saved in the MyPhone in the next updates.

3. Lost customization. Whenever it log-off itself you lose any customization you did for columns and opened groups. This happened with Assistant but only when you restarted the client. Now it's happening continuously.

>>We are working on it. Main interface display.

4. Auto-away on computer lock. Whit assistant you were able to set away status whenever your computer was locked. This isn't happening anymore.

>>Will be available in next version.

5. Calling popup. Shortcut for calling isn't really bad but was much better when you had an input box and not all the assistant screen. Again, more data isn't always better.

>>Didnt understand this.

6. Chat. The window is restricted to MyPhone's interface boundaries. It should be a floating window instead and of course, resizeable.

>>Basic chat functionality. Not critical for now, Will be working on this later on.

7. Misplaced legend. Status button (the one with green, orange and red colors) should have the legend besides it and not added at the end of contact name and extension.

>>We will check this. Anyway not a killer. Info is there.

8. No minimize to systray. This is a feature that should have been available since day one. I really hope it's available soon. A lot of users are complaining and they have a reason to do so.

>>Coming soon - but we were restricted from silverlight - it does not have inbuilt functionality to minimize to sys tray. But we are doing it. In the next update it will be there.

MyPhone could be a wonderful technical solution and most probably have a lot of potential but for now it's just a poor replacement for assistant. A lot of work has to be done and soon to recover lost features. I really hope to see improvements in this area in the following weeks.

>>Again - Rome was not built in a day. We are adapting this with every version. Influx of features have bombarded us. This means more popularity. The missing features that are important present in the assistant and missing in the MyPhone will be added for sure.

Of course, if you found another missing feature or issue with MyPhone are welcome to post it here.

>>Yes we are monitoring. Thanks

7. jcasares

1. Doesn't make sense. Andorid, iPhone, BlackBerry, whatever shows a popup when a call is incoming. Assistant was showing it and was quite useful as you can easily identify the caller. It was always an option you could avoid to use if you didn't like.

5. Explaining that again, you could set a shortcut in 3CX Assitant to make calls from a number you selected in the screen or just to enter the number by hand. When you clicked this shortcut (CTRL+F11 in my case) you received a small window with an input box that was filled with your screen selection. Now you get (when it works) the full MyPhone screen. As I said, more data isn't always better and is mostly confusing.

6. Fair enough. We need to disregard the feature at all.

7. Just a comment for better UI design.

8. Major complain since upgrade and as you might see it was like this for everyone. You should have planed to release with this feature developed considering how important is for users and I believe an internal discussion about this happened. Just the wrong side won and now the other one is saying "told you so". :p

You see, the problem is that you destroyed Rome and started to rebuild it but we miss the Colosseum, the Palatine Hill, Trajan's column, the forums, etc. You get the picture.

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Ans inline

1. Doesn't make sense. Andorid, iPhone, BlackBerry, whatever shows a popup when a call is incoming. Assistant was showing it and was quite useful as you can easily identify the caller. It was always an option you could avoid to use if you didn't like.

>>I misunderstood this - yes we are doing this. I thought you were refering to another CRM popup that we removed. The incoming popup answering notification will be available yes. With the introduction of the system tray.

5. Explaining that again, you could set a shortcut in 3CX Assitant to make calls from a number you selected in the screen or just to enter the number by hand. When you clicked this shortcut (CTRL+F11 in my case) you received a small window with an input box that was filled with your screen selection. Now you get (when it works) the full MyPhone screen. As I said, more data isn't always better and is mostly confusing.

>>This is called the hotkey. Yes this is designed to work like this - you select the number, press the hotkey, (and if the hotkey registration is not registered to something else at that time) then it should be parsed, cleaned and pasted in the dial button of the MyPhone.

6. Fair enough. We need to disregard the feature at all.

7. Just a comment for better UI design.

8. Major complain since upgrade and as you might see it was like this for everyone. You should have planed to release with this feature developed considering how important is for users and I believe an internal discussion about this happened. Just the wrong side won and now the other one is saying "told you so".

>>yes an internal discussion happened. And we explicitly decided that this can be done later. We are a phone system PBX company and our first priority is the 3CX Phone System IP PBX. So that had to be delivered in full. Then we could afford to deliver MyPhone features in what are called "Stages". Now this feature will be available next week. We were not going to delay the release of the phone system till June just because there isn't a minimize to system tray. This does not make sense. We are not going to loose licence purchases and promotion from Jan till June because jcasares and a couple of other users are moaning and crying day and night that they do not have minimize to system tray. If you cannot work with minimize to system try, uninstall V10 and install V9. Then when it is implemented install it. No one forced you to go to Version 10.

No side won. We do not like to delay things and have complaints. Actually we (3CX) would have lost even more - money and time and feedback if we had to wait for the so important crucial system tray to make the first release of V10. When you are in our position then you will understand how software development works. Until then there is not much point in discussing further - We have a solution that contains a system tray. it is called Version 9. You are free to downgrade to V9 if it makes you so happy.

9. jcasares

Sorry but I disagree. I was in your position some years ago in a development house and faced the same decisions (releasing or not with reduced feature set from previous versions) so I understand how software development works just that I don't agree with your decisions. Not that you have to agree with me either.

And is not just about systray, is about the tons of issues it has.

3CX is not a PBX only, it's a lot of things, MyPhone and Assistant included. They are a distinctive addition to differentiate from other solutions so disregarding or minimizing them is not the best thing to do IMO.

I wasn't forced but wasn't informed either.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/unified-communications-new-3cx-version-10/

No mention to missing features. You did know by then you would be releasing without such features. A red marked paragraph saying you won't have some features would have helped. Of course it wouldn't look nice in a press release.

10. jcasares

Yes, I know but as said the screen is too much data and confusing. The small input window was much better. You're wanting to initiate a call, not see extension status.

Don't misunderstand this for nitpicking. Is just, that as a user and fan of the product I want it to be the best it could. And I'm not conclusive or anything like that, you can state why you think the other option is better.

11. donhounsell

I have one other issue with MyPhone. Extensions that are not registered (disconnected from the network) still show in the list as 'Available'. The icon to the left shows grey instead of green, but this the only indication that the extension is not actually'available. In 3CX Assistant, these extension used to sort to the bottom of the list.

12. smiller

As we're new 3CX users that have only used V10, we see MyPhone as a terrific accessory for our users. A few usability tweaks we'd love for you to consider:

1. The header at the top of the page is a bit wasteful in space. Couldn't the dialer, status, tabs, etc be on the same 'heading' area to shrink it up a bit?

2. Love the extension listing for status - but wish you could right-click on an extension to do things with the current call (i.e. transfers).

3. Use the extension groups and like them a lot. But with 65 people, you have to make the browser window large to see them. Would love a sortable grid view of the extensions (much like the phone directory tab) that can be filtered, sorted, etc.

4. We'd like the operator to have additional access via MyPhone - to be able to set others' status, manage their calls, etc.

5. We're going to have 2 other offices with 3CX soon. Would love for those other systems to be available in MyPhone so we can see status, transfer calls across these other systems.

Again, for us, MyPhone is truly special. Our old system had a software console that was very much like MyPhone - but that was specialized and expensive. Now everyone can have this functionality. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.