• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

MyPhone make call questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lneblett

Reaction score
When viewing the call history in MyPhone, I can right click an entry and select "dial number" which works fine on internal extensions. When doing an external number the same way, I get "call transfer failed" message. However, I can right click the same number and instead of dial, I can click on edit whereupon the number is put into a pop-up keypad for editing purposes, but if I do nothing to the number, but hit the dial button while it is in the pop-up keypad, the call works fine. I can also manually insert the same number into the keypad area located below the user name and status and it will work fine as well. As a result, I am a little confused as to why there is a difference when seemingly the same action is being done to the same number, but one way fails, while the others work fine. From the logs it appears that the failure is due to no known route to target, but this is not the case the other way, it routes correctly and I get the call completed. So, the question is - What is the difference in how the application handles the dialing, and is there a way that I can overcome? V10 with latest on both the SP and MyPhone. In this case, MyPhone is remote, but I get similar reaction on local.

Thanks, Larry

Larry,

My guess is that you are using a prefix in outbound rules such as 9
When right clicking Myphone and dialing out it is not dialing 9 for you - for a test make an outbound rule that doesn't require a prefix

I believe if you want Myphone to dial a prefix for you you'll have to program Myphone under settings/prefix to insert the prefix digit.

No, no prefix, never was and had there been, I assume that the number (the same one used in each scenario - digit for digit) would have been equally affected by a rule no matter how the dial function is completed. I am at a total loss as MyPhone functions as it should now. I don't know what happened perhaps a service pack install, a reboot, devine intervention???? I guess I should have posted that it now works so as to not waste people's time (such as yours) in an effort to help, but I honestly have no idea why or how it resolved itself. In any event, I do appreciate your response...thanks.

Larry

Not sure what was going on with your system. I have V10 with the latest SP and it seems to work fine for me. Glad yours is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.