MyPhone Mulitple PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Djaycee, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djaycee

I'm missing the possibility to see multiple PBX's in MyPhone or integrate them in 1 system. I've read several posts about this, post from april 2011 bur no solutions. The only thing I read was: not important, almost no one has multiple PBX's, maybe later and so on. I like 3CX and it's functionalities but those answers makes me wonder...

But now the question: is 3CX going to add this functionality and if so, when?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Features, such as these, obviously take some time and effort (and money) to develop, so, there has to be a demand for this to make it worthwhile. No demand (from a lot of users), no feature. Many features are based on what is available on other systems, and what customers are used to and don't want to have to give up, if they put in a new PBX. The probability that a lot of customers are making use of more than one PBX is probably slim.

But.....

You can look through the 3CX feature requests http://3cx.ideascale.com/ to see if this sort of idea has been submitted previously , or, if not, submit a suggestion yourself and see what sort of reaction it gets.

3. acolville

I have three sites each with a pbx, each linked to each other via bridges. Everything works pretty well. The big issue in version 6-8 was that the assistant would only show extensions for its a single pbx. The only work around was to have three versions of the assistant running at the same time. (using runas).

Then in V9 the assistant was updated to include multiple pbx's It worked very well - not quite as advertised as drag and drop between pbx's did not work - but still a major step forward. Everyone really happy!

Then version 10 and the dreaded myphone! I actually quite like it in practice, but the multi site pbx feature was dropped. This meant we had to stay with v9. Eventually we moved to V10 as we needed some of its features and have had to accept the drop back to the single pbx my phone and now we have had to go back to having 3 myphones running.

The last I heard was that it will be included in version 11. If this is true then we will be happy again, but until I actually see it then I will reserve judgement!

4. jasn78

Has there been any update to this process? As I also used this feature in v9 of 3cx and would have thought it would have been left in with a new version

5. netswork

netswork Active Member

I have been told the next version will include this feature. Not sure when the next version is scheduled for release though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

In version 11 you will be able to see multiple pbx in MyPhone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. netswork

netswork Active Member

Will it be possible to also have a consolidated 3cx phonebook across bridges?

8. ChyrillStucker

Hello mate,

Actually that’s a huge drawback the market has right now. No single PBX provider wants to get integrated with other providers. Users might want to mix and match the services of various providers for their satisfaction; however that’s what the providers don’t want. They want you to stick to a single Pbx provider. Hence integration of such kind is not yet possible.

9. skagen

ChyrillStucker, I think what Netswork was talking about was having the extensions that are in one 3cx physical location be seen on another 3cx install at another location. Not mixing PBX's, just having a "global" listing of all 3cx extensions that exist in the entire orginization. I need this functionality as well. I have 3 searate locations, and I need to be able to monitor extensions at the other locations from where ever. I have read people have done this by opening three separate instances of the myphone, but doesn't that means you need an extension for each user in each location?

10. acolville

We had this feature in V9. The assistant allowed you to connect to more than 1 3cx pbx and displayed them in seperate tabs.

This was removed in V10 when the assistant was replaced.

We were then promised that it would present in the V11 myphone.

Now we learn, that in order to get the functionality back that we had in V9, we have to upgrade to PRO or ENT editions.

I have no issue paying for new enterprise featues but asking loyal customers to pay to get features back is not a good direction for 3CX to take.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.