• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

MyPhone not installed properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike.putnam

Reaction score
Hello,

I have one user that we needed to reinstall the MyPhone due to a domain change (outside access). When reinstalling MyPhone to run locally (it was installed twice, once with an old ip-based header and one with a old url, I uninstalled both), it's acting differently then all other installations in that it never appears in the system tray. It's as though Windows doesn't think it's running. If I check the notifications area icons, when I make a change to the icon for MyPhone, it tells me it isn't active even though it is currently running.

Also, during troubleshooting I uninstalled the desktop components and when trying to reinstall, I always get an error that the install log is not accessable. Nothing has changed on this computer other then trying to reinstall MyPhone and desktop components. I am able to install the stand-alone version of the desktop components, the ones used for group policy deployments, and MyPhone does see that they are installed, but integration does not work. I've checked the COM+ configuration and it all looks normal.

So, not sure what to try next.

Mike

Mike, you might want to try a better UN-installer. Revo UN-installer it will look at the registry as well.

Thanks. I'll give that a try and will post the results.

Mike

As an update to this post, I tried a couple of uninstallers and none of them saw the desktop components. I'm still getting an installation error if I try to install the desktop components from the folder created by 3CX. I decided to try and installed the standalone components used for Group Policy deployment. I had an error with the Visual Studio Office Tools, but was able to fix with the MS auto fix program. Once installed, I was able to install the desktop components used for GPO.

No, the components are there, the add-in in showing in Outlook 2007 and is activated. BUT, the detached version of MyPhone is still now working, as in:

1. I cannot make a call from Outlook. It says it cannot connect to 3cx MyPhone.
2. MyPhone is running, but it does not appear in the system tray. There are a couple of posts on this issue in the forums with no solutions posted. I have cleard the IE cache and the Silverlight cache. I reinstalled the latest version of Silverlight from MS (v4.1 & v5).
3. When looking at the preferences in MyPhone, it says my desktop components are up-to-date, but Outlook Integration is greyed out.

I have 3 other computers this is working on without an issue.

I really need to get this going. I'm willing to pay for a support pack, but not sure anyone actually knows how to fix it.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.