Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

MyPhone not installed properly

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mike.putnam, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike.putnam

Hello,

I have one user that we needed to reinstall the MyPhone due to a domain change (outside access). When reinstalling MyPhone to run locally (it was installed twice, once with an old ip-based header and one with a old url, I uninstalled both), it's acting differently then all other installations in that it never appears in the system tray. It's as though Windows doesn't think it's running. If I check the notifications area icons, when I make a change to the icon for MyPhone, it tells me it isn't active even though it is currently running.

Also, during troubleshooting I uninstalled the desktop components and when trying to reinstall, I always get an error that the install log is not accessable. Nothing has changed on this computer other then trying to reinstall MyPhone and desktop components. I am able to install the stand-alone version of the desktop components, the ones used for group policy deployments, and MyPhone does see that they are installed, but integration does not work. I've checked the COM+ configuration and it all looks normal.

So, not sure what to try next.

Mike

2. Aboxtech

Mike, you might want to try a better UN-installer. Revo UN-installer it will look at the registry as well.

3. mike.putnam

Thanks. I'll give that a try and will post the results.

Mike

4. mike.putnam

As an update to this post, I tried a couple of uninstallers and none of them saw the desktop components. I'm still getting an installation error if I try to install the desktop components from the folder created by 3CX. I decided to try and installed the standalone components used for Group Policy deployment. I had an error with the Visual Studio Office Tools, but was able to fix with the MS auto fix program. Once installed, I was able to install the desktop components used for GPO.

No, the components are there, the add-in in showing in Outlook 2007 and is activated. BUT, the detached version of MyPhone is still now working, as in:

1. I cannot make a call from Outlook. It says it cannot connect to 3cx MyPhone.
    2. MyPhone is running, but it does not appear in the system tray. There are a couple of posts on this issue in the forums with no solutions posted. I have cleard the IE cache and the Silverlight cache. I reinstalled the latest version of Silverlight from MS (v4.1 & v5).
    3. When looking at the preferences in MyPhone, it says my desktop components are up-to-date, but Outlook Integration is greyed out.

I have 3 other computers this is working on without an issue.

I really need to get this going. I'm willing to pay for a support pack, but not sure anyone actually knows how to fix it.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.