Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

MyPhone not launch after Outlook installation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by misstake2012, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misstake2012

Hi,
    MyPhone loccaly installed on the computer. All desktop component as well as installed there. We launch MyPhone everething is allright.
    But then we install Outlook and try to launch MyPhone again.
    After launch MyPhone apllication is automatically closed. Problem occured with Silverlight

Have anyone something like that?
    Screenshot in the attach

About system:
    Server - i5, 8 Gb, OSWindows Server2008R2
    Locall machine - W7 pro64 Intel i7 6G, Msoffice2010 prof+ (32bit) IE9

Thanks

2. complea

Funny... I have the exact same problem! Answer from 3CX was "this is a local problem since it is silverlight related." How convinient. I don't think I have done anything but all of a sudden this morning both Myphone and Outlook were running at the same time. Everything now seems to be working, so maybe there has been an update of either silverlight or Myphone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

I also have this problem, but I am using a sort of workaround (?)
    First I launch Outlook and after that I launch MyPhone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

sllauncher crashes here. Everyone can read right? Maybe not in russian but we are aware of this issue.

this happens when outlook and silverlight are launched at the same time.

This may happens when both are enabled at startup. Depends on what the machine has to start at startup and what other applications are registered at startup and also if the machine is fast, slow etc. But when this happens silverlight will crash or rather outlook load procedure will make silverlight crash. A fix from microsoft is needed. What you guys need to do is that when this occurs, you send the crash dump report to microsoft.

The crash reporter comes up, asks you if it is ok to send it and that the information will go over the internet, accept and send.

like this microsoft can fix the problem.

In the meantime remove one of these from startup.

What do you mean how convenient? If you did not understand what the problem is what can we do? We have tried to explain it to you. What could we have done better?

This is why the workaround of complex1 works - because he has understood what the problem was.

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

HI Guys

I have an update on this. IN the latest service pack we made a workaround to try and bypass the silverlight crash in these situations. After deeper investigation we might have reasons to believe that outlook is causing this silverlight crash but we could have avoided it.

Download SP1.1 and try again. Let me know if you still have this because we will need the logs to check why the workaround is not working. Since it is a workaround, we are 100% positive that we will not be able to bypass this globally on all users machines out there.

6. misstake2012

thanks for SP1
    this problem is disapear

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thanks for the update misstake

Listen - 1 question please - What is the os language you use? Outlook language installed?

8. misstake2012

thanks

we use The Great Russian language)

9. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Russian is a great language but Outlook will still be problematic - In whatever language you plan to use it. :)

Try this installation of desktop components

http://www.3cx.com/downloads/v100/3CXMyPhoneDesktopComponents.exe

Download and Install desktop components and restart the machine - on start up you should not see the silverlight crash. let me know if this fixes your problem.

10. cloidhamer

I was having the same issue in that I couldn't get MyPhone to start up at all. I have Office 2010 installed.

So I placed debug into the command line for MyPhone it started up with no problem.
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Silverlight\sllauncher.exe" BIGNUMBER.IPAddress debug

11. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I did not understand what you did exactly. anyway - if you managed to get it to start then its no problem however you did it. My Main concern in this post is the following question:

DID Silverlight crash for you after MyPhone and outlook are started immediately after a restart of the computer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.