Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

MyPhone not showing CID name

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ctni, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctni

I have setup a new 3CX system and I am getting external caller ID number and name on my Cisco SPA5xx phone displays, but the MyPhone client is only showing the caller ID number (no name) on those same calls (when coming in and when viewing history). The fact it's showing on the phone display, tells me I am getting the name from the carrier. I assume the MyPhone app displays caller ID name, but maybe not?

I have checked the group rights and appear to not be limiting anything there that would suppress name. If it's supposed to work, is there some other setting or something I should check?

2. GManNAtl

Unfortunately, it does not show name :( I don't really understand why not. This has been requested in the Facebook feature request app, and all the way back to the old request app as well. For some strange reason it only has about 5 people voting for it ???? Seems like a simple feature addition.

Honestly guys and gals, let's go vote this up. There are some features voted up 60-70 times that I can't imagine more than a small percentage of users would want. When something like this has been asked about in this forum dozens of times.

3. ctni

That's really surprising! It would only seem natural to expose that to the desktop client as well. It also will make queue monitoring and management more difficult for us. I like to see the CID name to identify what clients are in queue. The number is not that useful unless you have memorized all of the clients phone numbers.

4. GManNAtl

It shocked me too. We really need people to vote this up in the feature request app.

5. ATS-Support

I will only show a name if the number is saved in the phonebook, either personal or company.

6. ctni

Just wondering if this is the same issue with v12? We have not played with the beta yet but was hoping caller ID name was now visible in the client and reports.

7. northfield

This is one of the biggest sales issues I see with V12. A phone system that can't display the CID Name & number is basically worthless to most places, they want to see who is calling.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if it is because, outside of North America, Caller Name display, as sent by a provider, is rare. Most caller ID types outside Bellcore, are not capable of alpha characters so there has not been any need for the assignment of a name, nor a name "lookup" database. Even within North America, how caller name is handled, or transported varies by operating company. Some will send the name across State/Provincial/Country/provider boundaries and some don't. If a name is actually datafilled in the originating switch, then there is a good chance you will receive it. If your provider has to do a database "dip", and they are different than the originating provider, then you may just get the originating location, and not a name. not all providers are willing to pay to acquire the name.

Or, maybe they just haven't added it yet...

9. ctni

I wondered the same thing...but it's really important for the US market. It's keeping us from adding 3CX to our product line since our voice clients expect to see caller ID name in the software client and all of the competitors do it. Having to add names to a phone book is not a good solution.

10. ctni

Any updates on this from 3CX?

11. KenC

I have this issue as well. I'm afraid I bought the full product just assuming that it would be there. Pretty amazing that it isn't. No one seems to be able to tell me how to even generate reports with caller ID names, even though 3cx is obviously receiving the names and passing them on in email message notifications!

12. GManNAtl

V12 has been out for a little while now, but it does display in the v12 3CX Phone.

13. ctni

So you can see CID name info on the phone client now? Including when viewing call queues (manager can see CID name of who a agent is talking to)?

14. northfield

Any action on this yet? CID NAME is Very Important. We really do need this feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.