MyPhone questions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sunstate, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunstate

sunstate Member

1. Minimizing to the System Tray (or Notification Area in Win7)... is this something that will be implemented in a later version, a setting that I'm missing, or not possible with a Silverlight app? If so that is unfortunate. I hate a cluttered taskbar.

2. Launching the MyPhone app at Windows startup... I don't see a setting any where in Preferences for it. Am I just missing it? Do we have to manually copy the Start Menu/Desktop shortcut to the users individual startup folder? I don't see it in the All Users startup folder or my personal startup folder after installing the app locally.

3. Balloons on mouse-over for each button saying what it is would be nice. None of the main buttons have them, but it looks like some of the smaller buttons underneath each section have them.

4. I guess the last question kind of ties in with the first, but what happened to the small pop-up you would get on an incoming call that would show the caller ID and allow you to answer/reject/transfer/voicemail the call?

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

1. Minimizing to the System Tray (or Notification Area in Win7)... is this something that will be implemented in a later version, a setting that I'm missing, or not possible with a Silverlight app? If so that is unfortunate. I hate a cluttered taskbar.

Will be implemented in the future but only when the application is installed locally. Notification windows cannot work in a web environment.

2. Launching the MyPhone app at Windows startup... I don't see a setting any where in Preferences for it. Am I just missing it? Do we have to manually copy the Start Menu/Desktop shortcut to the users individual startup folder? I don't see it in the All Users startup folder or my personal startup folder after installing the app locally.

This will be possible - in the pipeline.

3. Balloons on mouse-over for each button saying what it is would be nice. None of the main buttons have them, but it looks like some of the smaller buttons underneath each section have them.

Will be made - Which buttons are you referring too? I know which they are but maybe we miss something. If you can identify them for us we should be great.

4. I guess the last question kind of ties in with the first, but what happened to the small pop-up you would get on an incoming call that would show the caller ID and allow you to answer/reject/transfer/voicemail the call?

Ties with first. We are working on notification popups.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sunstate

sunstate Member

Thanks for the reply. The only buttons that I see that already have the balloons are the smaller buttons on the voicemail screen. So other than those, pretty much all of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And labels next to the Status colors would be nice. I know that it shows to the right of them after you select them, but actually seeeing them in the drop down next to each status would be cool.

[​IMG]

Thanks again for the response.

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Agreed - we are on the same page. We know where to add them, We will add only tool tips on hover. I think this is enough.

5. bkreeger

Will there be a capability to observe or interact with multiple 3CX PBX' like we can with the present 3CX Assistant?

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

open multiple browsers. Or start multiple instances of install locally with different PBX's.

7. sunstate

sunstate Member

So if we have three PBX's you expect the end users to have three MyPhone windows open? That's rediculous. So you add the feature to be able to monitor multiple PBX's in v9, and then remove it in v10. That makes no sense.

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Open 3 tabs...

That is what we have at the moment. You are free to remain on Version 9 if you want if it is so hard for you to open 3 tabs in a browser and monitor them. I cannot see what is ridiculous in this. The V9 assistant also used to open connections in tabs.

Also you cannot compare V9 with V10 both in speed, technologies and features that are coming up. If you want to progress with us, there are things you have to replace by others that are more modern and stable. There are different technologies involved if you have not noticed. The version 9 was custom based by us and in V10 we are using Silverlight.

9. sunstate

sunstate Member

Tabs would be fine if they were an option. Or am I just missing something? Or are you talking about running it via the browser instead of installing it locally? Won't installing it locally be necessary to do stuff like launch at startup? If not, then what is the advantage of installing locally?

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you just want to monitor and perform operations then tabs are an option. The average end user will work like this.
    Install locally cannot be achieved from web or in tabs and install locally is necessary to communicate with windows to show popups, trigger outlook notifications etc etc. So in install locally, yes you have to open 3 instances. Again the average end user will have 1 connection only. Just like he has 1 msn and 1 skype open.

More complex users will need more connections. In that case if they need the added features then they have to install locally, buy a 22" (or greater) monitor and resize them on a screen. Then the complex user will be able to see and monitor all connections. I have no other ideas to do this. It is what it is.

Transfers between connections was limited in the Version 9 so the argument transfers falls with only 1 outbound rule, You can still transfer from one MyPhone to another using Tunnel and bridges plus the next version will have multiple outbound rules per MyPhone user.

The only disadvantage I see at this point that we lost is drag and drop. However when silverlight improves this function and it's controls, then we will add it. nothing we can do about it at this point.

Of course you should open this on ideas.3cx.com - I am sure people will vote for it. If it is possible to do in the future we will do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.