MyPhone Record Call indicator

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by purpleone, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purpleone

I've done a search and couldn't find anyone else 'complaining' about this issue...but,

When you record a call using the MyPhone app, there is no indication that the call is actually being recorded. You can click the record icon, or right click the call and recall call - but once you do this there is not indication it is actually being record. So if you unsure if you clicked the icon properly and click it again to 'start' the recording it actually stops recording.

Does anyone else have this issue, or see it as an issue and is there a plan to fix it Mr 3CX?

Cheers,
    Luke

2. alexb

I have this very same problem. I click the "record call" option from the dropdown menu but I don't see anything happening. Furthermore, I cannot locate any recordings after this. Where are the calls saved to? Is this something that is setup from the server itself?
    Any light shone on the matter is greatly appreciated!

3. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

For the moment you cannot see in MyPhone the recording status. You will be able to see this in future version 11 of MyPhone. You can also enable "Record all calls" function from server side (go to edit extension->Other) and all calls will be recorded without any intervention from MyPhone. Also, from the same tab, you can enable an extension the possibility to see recordings and delete recordings from MyPhone. As for the path where recordings are stored, you have to go to server and find this folder:
    C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Recordings.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Did the record indicator actually make it into the release? We have updated, but are unable to see with an indicator that a recording is in progress...or not. Maybe we are looking in the wrong place or simply don't recognize what to look for. We get the recording, but the doubt lingers if a recording is actually taking place. Can someone advise?

Thanks.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I don't see it either in v11 or sp1.
    But I just tried a dss key on the t38 set to record and that works really well and the recordings end up in Myphone.
    The t38 shows an icon while recording.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

That is what I ended up doing for the moment. Attorney's office, but t-32 so I had to remove a BLF to make room.

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

It seems maybe that when you hit RECORD, that a file appears instantaneously if you goto the Recording tab of myPhone.
    If you are in that tab, then maybe you have to go out and back into the tab and it refreshes.
    But no other visible sign that this has occured.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.