MyPhone v11 - Not Responding when Shutting down computer

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by snowsam, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowsam

Does anyone else have this problem and have a potential solution?

Background: We are running MyPhone with our v11sp4 install. This problem is not specific to sp3. It is existed before.
    The MyPhone program is running on a Window 7 client.

Problem:
    When shutting down the computer at night an immediate pop-up from windows is triggered that says 3CX MyPhone is not responding and do we went to terminate the process or wait.

The problem can be avoided by closing MyPhone before initiating the shutdown (right click on notification area --> exit). However, this should not be required. I should be able to do a normal windows shutdown and have the program close on its own without delay.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I have run across the issue before, but not with 3CX...other programs. You can look at the Windows event logs under Administrative Tools in control panel and then applications for clues. Most of the time it is has been an underlying program that is not shutting down that is used by the program being reported as the culprit. There may be a corrupt file. I have had good success in simply uninstalling the reported application and then reinstalling. You might try this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.