MyPhone Voicemail**DISCUSSION

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by claxtro, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claxtro

Love the new portal design for MyPhone utilizing Microsof Silverlight. I am able to access the voicemail via the extension...this feature is great, but am unable to access locally on computer for remote access when away from extension. Is this just my computer or please advise. Thank you.

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: MyPhone Voicemail

Hi - thank you for your feedback.

You are expecting to access the voicemails locally on your client machine? Because the voicemails are not stored there. Those are stored on the server where 3CX Phonesystem is installed.

Am I understanding you correctly?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. claxtro

Right, I believe in version 9 of the Assistant when we went to voicemail, the voicemail could be played locally on the computer. The only way to hear the voicemail in V10 is through the (play on phone) option. Is there a way to download the voicemail locally so it can be heard on the computer or am I missing something? If this is the case, then the only way to get voicemail when away from the desk (or extension) is through the softphone? Thank you.

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I understand what you need. Yes you are correct. Open on ideas.3cx.com.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. claxtro

Just downloaded the beta2 v10 and it has the local play feature now on the computer...yeah!! Thank you to whomever is listening...or reading in this case! :D

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Good - We are scavenging the forums and taking notes of what community wants. If it is easy we do it before final release. if not we leave it for one of the service packs. But if we agree internally with it we will implement it.

Thanks for the update

7. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Where do you see "play locally"? My only option is to play on phone.

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Install locally. this only works on install locally because of silverlight security restrictions. Let me know if you have any problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.