Myphone web interface

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Strider, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strider

Hi

Does anybody know if the MyPhone web interface will still be available in version 12 (http://ipaddress:5000/myphone) ?

Tim

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

All signs point to no. This is what comes up when you go to the /myphone URL:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Plus it was written in Silverlight - which is done... they had to move on to a technology that has life. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mlump

mlump New Member

I have installed v12 on a test host and can confirm the MyPhone web app is completely gone. You can browse to http://ipaddress:5000/myphone but it just brings up a page referring you to the new 3CXPhone.

5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

It's part of the "alpha blues".

MyPhone has been deprecated in v12 to 3CXPhone.. those features have moved there... sort of.

I have not downloaded "the latest" 3CXPhone for Windows.. but the Android one I pulled from from Play does not (yet) have any of the features the MyPhone (or Assistant.. for that matter) had... yet.

I think we'll need to "stay tuned" for newer releases of 3CXPhone itself.
    "Why" they wrapped it all into one.. dunno. I preferred having the Assistant so I could tunnel it without having to fix up security in IIS.. but I digress.

Not exactly sure why they put so much "stuff" into the site content.. I figure a redirect page would have done the job.

6. cfive

cfive Member

I presume the new 3cxPhone (windows) can only be used with v12 Phone system?

i.e. there would be no way to see what a replacement for 3cxPhone <previous> and MyPhone <v11> would look like by running the new 3cxPhone against a v11 Phone system?

Thanks, Les.

7. cobaltit

No the v11 MyPhone won't run against v12 PBX, and v12 3CX Phone won't run against v11. So the only way to see them would be to have access to a v11 and v12 PBX and then have the clients running against the respective PBX. At this point, as excited as I was about a cosmetic facelift for the interface, I'm pretty disappointed with the current status. However, it is still only Alpha 2, and they have been making improvements. About the only thing that looks to be an improvement right now is the ability to 'undock' the presence window so you can have it separate from the main window. That is a nice feature.

8. cfive

cfive Member

Thanks for the confirmation,

- Les.

9. cobaltit

Just thought I would add that I would still appreciate a web interface of sorts for the client, even a stripped down one. And if that isn't possible, I think there should be a link to download the 3CXPhone from the PBX itself, and not a link out to the 3CX site.

10. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi, Please keep in mind that this is still in Beta and more and more features are added almost daily, also your feedback and requests are noted. Thank you for your time and effort

11. filipvds

It would be nice if the new 3cx phone has the same layout as the myphone.
    I'm curious to know how you would provide all that information from the myphone (for example call center) in onelittle screen.

12. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Tabs and window resizing. ;)

13. cobaltit

The beta release yesterday definitely improved 3CXPhone. The various layout customizations for present window is a significant improvement, and we finally have call control!

Looking forward to the next update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.