• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

myphone with roaming userprofile x86/x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

dab

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
I'm working with roaming profile/redirected folders on x86 Win7 and x64 Win7.
I've installed myphone "locally" on both machines, ok I've got two links one for "...\Program Files\..." one for "...\Program Files (x86)\..." which is not sexy but not a show stopper. Since a few days myphone is missing on the x86 machine, ok, no problem I started myphone via browser and tried to "install" myphone locally, but this button has gone away. :-(
Can you tell me what I have to delete to get this button back?
I've already tried to delete the IE-Cache and Silverlight Application-Cache.

The v.10 Silverlight MyPhone is not entirely administrator friendly in regards to roaming profiles, especially for those of us on Citrix/Terminal Servers.

It creates an icon with a dynamic code placed at the end of the program launch string. Fine and dandy if you:

1. - only have 1 Citrix/Terminal Server (oops, we have 4 to load balance 150 users)
2. - never have to delete the users roaming profile on file server (if it becomes corrupted)
3. - do not exclude the users Desktop/Start Menu from saving into the roaming profile.

v.9 Assistant static icon was perfect in this regard, v.10 MyPhone has taking a step backwards.

[INSERT] K.I.S.S theory

Dear Kylejoe1 and Bab,

I have to fully agree with you here. Our testing on Windows 7 x64 has reaveled the following.

When using roaming profiles (including deleting them locally after log-off) the MyPhone doesn't work. Every time the user needs to re-install the silverlight part. I've been playing to make a hardcoded shortcut but this is not working.

From a complicancy view we are not allowed to leave profiles on workstations once logged off. This makes using it almost impossible.

On of our customers just moved away from Cisco Callmanager and really liked the myphone. But now it is very clumbersome to get it working. We'll post a support request toward 3cx and see how this can be fixed.

Regards,
Niels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.