• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Mysterious extensions registering in new install

Status
Not open for further replies.

FathomlessBottom

Reaction score
I plan to evaluate 3CX, and installed the latest Windows version onto a Windows Server 2012 Essentials virtual machine. The installation was straightforward, and the wizard went smoothly without any errors. I installed one client (v15) onto a desktop running Windows 10 Pro, and after running the emailed configuration file, the extension (I had assigned the extension "100") registered to the server successfully. Without doing any further setup, I left it all running overnight.

When I looked at the 3CX dashboard today, the event log showed multiple ID 4101 entries, indicating extensions registering, and then unregistering, and then repeating this process two or three times. A few examples of the registering entries are below
And here are a few of the unregistering entries:
There were no errors in the logs (these were all informational entries). The most recent log entries showed all of these extensions registering (again), but clicking on the "Extensions" tab, shows just the one extension that I had created (Ext 100).

Any idea what's going on here? Have I been pwned?! or is this normal behavior?

Thanks for your help in advance, if anyone happens to know....

Hello @FathomlessBottom

What you are experiencing is normal. The extensions you are referring to are system extensions which is specified intervals re-register.
If you navigate to Dashboard and click on system extensions (it's under the PBX status column) you will find them there.
I hope this helps

Thanks for the quick and reassuring reply.
It looks like a really great product by the way!.

Thank you for your kind feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.