N510 SBC and Stun provisioning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Charl Heijnen, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charl Heijnen

2. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Hi Charl,

Although not officially supported in either method I would read this if trying to provision outside of the Local LAN: https://teamwork.gigaset.com/gigawiki/display/GPPPO/6.+Security

“Gigaset VoIP phones can use https (HTTP over TLS) but without client certification only.”

Since there has been no change to that wiki page I would imagine this is still the case. I think the better option would be using them across a VPN.

#2 eddv123, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  3. Charl Heijnen

Hi eddv123,
    thanks for the reply.

i don't know if the issue has bin resolved by gigaset.
    i will use the gigaset as a 3rd party sip device via the sbc.
    i hope this is safe enough.

4. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

The SBC will obviously give you the 3CX Tunnel (with an added encryption option if you like) so better than direct STUN/SIP I would agree.

In my experience with un-supported devices across the SBC all that is required is to manually point the SIP registrar address from the Local IP of 3CX to the address of the SBC and it "should" be OK.

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

To set the record straight, at the current date/time of me writing this, these devices are only officially supported for Local. It is true that 3CX and Gigaset have worked together and an attempt was made to add the other provisioning methods as well (STUN and SBC), but we as 3CX weren't happy with the performance and stability of the devices in these modes at the current time.

We have talked to the people at Gigaset about it and at some point a firmware version that addresses these things might be released assuming our good working relationship continues, but at the current time, we do not suggest using them in STUN or SBC mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.