Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

name resolution outbound calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mirjam.nz, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirjam.nz

hi there

Is there anyway how 3CX soft phone can look up a LDAP directory for outbound calling ?

I'm familiar with the process that when LDAP name resolution is configured, on a inbound call a contact will be imported in to the global contacts if listed in the LDAP directory.

One can clear all LDAP entries, but is there a import all feature?

It would be nice, if one can use the Presence Screen Searcher Feld to search contacts from Outlook, Exchange and LDAP. Currently only contacts which are imported in the Directory Searcher / Global & Personal Phone book can be searched. Or do I miss something ?

Thanks for your advise.

Cheers
    Miriam

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There may be something I'm missing but "generally", name display, on outbound calls is the function of the phone itself with a match done from the internal directory, like a mobile phone. I don't think it to be an issue with most callers as they have a good idea of who it is they are dialling. It's the incoming calls when you don't recognise a number and want to know who the call is from.

3. mirjam.nz

hi,

But users do NOT know the number of the person/company they want to ring. But when calling out, users know the Company or Name of the person they try to call. Hence looking up the name in the directory and then click to dial . . . . and all within the 3CX soft phone. That would be the idea.
    Currently this only works with listing in the phone searcher / global contacts, but is this possible with LDAP contacts which are not yet imported ?

Cheers
    M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.