• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

NAT and voip

Status
Not open for further replies.

new@voip

Reaction score
Hello
I have installed 3cx pbx system on windows 2003 ,and I gave it public IP ,and I want my friends to register on it by xlite, every thing are ok , the can register and ring each other , the problem is they cant hear each other , all of them work behind ADSL router and have a NAT , but if there were 2 phones behind same NAT they can hear each other , I think the problem is NAT ,
How can I fix the problem without doing any configuration on thier routers (I dnt want to make port forwarding or things like that ) and there are some of friends work behind double NAT (1st NAT is router and 2nd is ISP NAT) . I tried STUN.3cx.com .
But I think ISPs blocks port 5060 for out traffic ( out my country , it still open for local traffic).
please help

Thanks

When they are behind one NAT Router you must seperate the SIP and RTP Port for each phone by default they are the same at any type of phone. also you should bind the EXT to the media server in the 3CX if not the Phone tries directly to send the request from the inside of the network to the public IP of the router. most routers take this as a fraught and kill the request.

it seems u talk about another server works as media server, is not it? .

and as I explained , they dnt work behind one router NAT , every one has his/her ADSL router at home, if I put the phone (softphone) on DMZ or make port forward to phone it will work good, My problem is : I need to let all users register to the server and send and recieve media without any congiuration inside their routers.

you will come across issues!
If you use the 3CX Phone simply use the integrated tunnel to connect to the server. That removes the issue with the NAT.
Secondly you must ensure that the phone register with STUN ON. Depending on the version of xlite you find it in different places.

Also when the router have a SIP Server integrated like AVM FritzBox or DreyTek Vigor you have to work the NAT.
Other option is let the PC VPN to the server and register w/o stun to the lokal IP of the server and not to the public.

But anyway, you must set the ext in the 3CX Server to be bound to media server first of all, if not the traffic will frow from phone to phone directly what will reduce you change by min. 90% of a 2 way audio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristianNetron
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.