Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

NAT configuration producing delay

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jlabuelo, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlabuelo

Good morning guys

I am opening this topic because I have a problem with my voip software client phone. I have tried to use the 3CX Client, but I must say that the quality of the sound was really poor ( maybe due to my lack of experience for sure), now I am using the Isoftphone for MacBook as H2009 has suggested me.

I must say the software is quite good, and I can hear people completly fine. The problem is when they hear me... they say ( and I have confirmed it) they do it with more or less 1'5 seconds delay... which sometimes produces wier conversations.

Also I hear my voice like in an echo, at the time they hear it at their side (with the 1,5 secs delay) (other people use normal phones)

I have readed in some forums that NAT configuration can produce delay situations in the voice, but dont know how to solve this. To tell you the truth I have my PBX connected to the Router and the client in my macbook connected to the router also, and I did not modify anything (but the routing rules) since I bought it.

Is there anything related to this that I must check in order to reduce this delay?????

Thanks a lot guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.