• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

NCH Uplink setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

apcs

Reaction score
Hi, i have read about the various sip to skype gateways available on the forum and have decided that uplink is probably going to be my best option. can anyone tell me if they have set this up correctly. i am using windows sbs 2003 with 3cx installed but can't seem to get uplink to work correctly any help would be appreciated

Hi apcs,
I have tested this gateway to have Skype <-> 3CX PS working.

1- I have also tested it on a Win 2003 std server. It works well but sometimes on windows starting frozen display. When frozen come, I need to uninstall and delete all registration key in Windows.

2- If you think you can reach 3CX PS using Skype without Skype In, you are wrong because you need to setup in 3CX PS a number for the extension line.

To do it working, I have read the tip on NCH website about linking Uplink with their own PBX Axon.

Finally, I have stop using Uplink and not renew my Skype In number becaus NCH still doesn't release their "gateway".

Bye

Thanks for the quick response, i am not really too bothered about recieving skype calls, though this would be nice, but more for using skype as another extension on my mobile phone when out of the office.

i have read on nch website about configuring uplink with their pbx software. it states that both peices of software should be configured to use it properly. i have followed the instructions for uplink but got a bit lost when trying to configure 3cx i set an extension in 3cx and told uplink to use this but nothing happens to skype when i try to call .

if you no longer use uplink can you recommend a better alternative.

Many Thanks

Andy

tried to use sisky but doesn't work on my sbs2003. says it is because i am installing on a domain controller.
also tried it on my other machines but all my workstations run windows vista business edition and again will not work.

does anybody know of any other sip to skype gateways

Cheers

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.