• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

NEC SIP phones and 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunstate

Reaction score
I am currently trying to get some NEC SIP phones to register with 3CX. The NEC handsets are DT700's. Very little info out there on them. When I watch a registration take place, the phone sends a SIP registration request to 3CX, and 3CX responds with a 407 Proxy Authentication Required. Then that's it. The phone never responds back. I'm guessing that the phone is looking for 401 response from 3CX so it is just completely ignoring the the 407 response. After googling a bit, I came across this:

"Note: The IPKII/SV8100
will not recognize a 407
Unauthorized message.
Must be a 401."

So it looks like that is probably the case. If that's so, is there anything at all I can do on the 3CX side to get these things to work?

Thanks.

The set may be made to operate only (not completely SIP compliant) with an NEC PBX. You might want to see if anyone in this forum http://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/forum/f/14.html has tried using the set with another make of SIP PBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.