Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Need a report TRACKING number of Simultaneous Calls over TIME

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by 12494, Aug 17, 2017.

Need a report TRACKING number of Simultaneous Calls over TIME 5 5 67votes
5/5, 67 votes

1. 12494

12494 Member

I like to post this every couple years.

As someone that manages PBXs (3CX) for customers it would be useful to be able to review the historical track for the number of Simultaneous Calls. This would enable us to anticipate the need to upgrade a license (and generate revenue for 3CX and us) and avoid problems for the customer.

Can someone please explain to me how, for a system that is licensed and sold based on the Maximum Number of Simultaneous Calls, it is basically impossible to review HISTORY of Numbers of Simultaneous Calls.

I know the dashboard gives a snapshot of the number of calls active NOW and this does have some use at the MOMENT, but it is not a solution for this need.

I know there is an email alert to tell when the customer has attempted to exceed their license. This does not give the customer a good experience when calls are blocked.

If you agree please vote Yes and vote Often.

Regards,
    Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. zyrk

I agree.

It looks like this has been requested for a long time but it has not been implemented yet.

3. giwm

giwm New Member

But then you'd see you over-purchased on your licensing... ;)

dkeethler and Scott Parks like this.
  4. bosiogerman

I need too a way to view simultaneous call usage over time

5. xantip

There are some basic formulas available from 3CX to calculate the number of needed licenses.
    But I have the impression the formulas are on the very safe side, especially when you're on the edge. Advice is always to take the higher license (ie. a 16SC instead of an 8 SC, when the calculation says 9.5 licences needed or so). I'm monitoring such a customer for about a week now in this situation. In reality, they did not exceed 5 SC's for the moment. And they have 10 physical phones, and one voip trunk with max 8 calls. I think it depends very much on the type of business. For a call center, the requirements are very different from a small office.

So I'm also very interested in this info. IMO the customer comes in the first place, not margins and money. And next time I'll advise probably to start with the license just below the calculations and upgrade when necessary.
    Hard numbers are always good arguments...

Best,

Jos

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. giwm

giwm New Member

I know I posted this elsewhere and don't intend to spam, just looking to be helpful. I built an Excel spreadsheet that can calculate this based on the 3CX Call Reports report. Instructions are on the first sheet.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AiGVinX2ZUER8hHvwhcDKZZMNPUS

Floyd, CCAdmin and Rey Cobham like this.
  7. 12494

12494 Member

Bravo giwm.
    Thanks

8. lee3cxp

Hopefully this gets addressed soon as it looks very important, especially since it would directly benefit 3CX as customers would be more informed when to upgrade their simcalls package.

Leonel Carvalho and Jason Loeken like this.
  9. dkeethler

Yes, please!

10. Jason Loeken

Hi,
    can you please add graph for the last 30 days .
    past concurrent calls graph, Channel Usage, Licence usage, i don't care what you call it but it needs to happen..
    Customers need to know when they need to upgrade there 3cx licence... before they start missing calls or it starts to affect there business.

Plotted as a separate graph color.
    • Total calls
    • Inbound calls
    • outbound calls
    • internal Calls
    • Other
    please find my suggestion:
    [​IMG]

11. Alan Arman

Any update on this simple report request? Can use it for growth planning.

12. theMightyMacBoy

Alan -- I used the excel document the guy above had linked to.. Worked great.

13. Rey Cobham

giwm - very nice work, thanks!

14. theMightyMacBoy

I discovered that VOIPTools also has a free tool to do this....

15. TP_

TP_

16. Brad Cann

Brad Cann New Member

+1, we are a kinda call centre, with calls that seem to come in waves and then dead quiet times. It would be nice to get a report or something that can plot/graph the peak number of simultaneous calls over different periods.

I know in cisco CME's i could plot it via SNMP and an OID...

Just used the excel sheet, and it works fine... a little involved but works fine. Would be better if it was native to 3cx and could be graphed over time.

#16 Brad Cann, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  17. contoured

+1

Please implement this. I'm surprised that this has not been done before. Re-sellers can use a report like this to encourage customers to increase their license size. Not to mention that this is a basic feature on other PBXs.

18. Paul Fried

We would need that report urgently, as we would use it for an office building with one 3CX system (hosted system) and 10 small companies sharing the environment. Some of them using the system not very often others are heavy users.

19. CCAdmin

+1

20. CCAdmin

Great work GIWM!