Need advice on a simple setup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by addisontech, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addisontech

A few years ago I started out on a system for my small office and never got it fully implemented. I purchased a Digium clone card with 2 fxo ports, 4 Polycom ip phones. I tried several differnt voip distro's, asterix, and elastix.
    Now I am ready to give it a try again, and would like to use 3CX. I am not interested in using the full voip capabiltiies of the system at this time. I am only wanting to use two PSTN lines for both incoming and outgoing calls, I understand that my fxo card will not work, what are some alternatives to this? I did see someone was recommending the Grandstream GXW 4104, but really not looking to spend that much to get into the game, and I really only need 2 fxo's and not 4. Would it be a good option to buy to Linksys SPA-3000's? Can somone point me in the right direction on what fxo device to purchase. thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Most gateways are either a single line, or four and up. I think that there may be a box with two FXO's and two FXS's if you look around. As far as the SPA-3000, that is an old unit and has been replaced with the SPA-3102, which is still sold. If you can find some 3000's cheap, they will do the job, (but haven't had a firmware update for a long time) otherwise, you will have to opt for the 3102, or, another makers alternative, are there are others available.

The 3102 has that advantage of containing an ATA as well. So you can connect an analogue set as an extension. A couple of new 3102's will average about $140 US, give, or take $20, of course, you may find them for much less used.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.