Need an idea: Limit incoming calls by pressing a dss key

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by PL_, Apr 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PL_

PL_

Hey folks,

I'm currently trying to get into the CFD. It's quite awesome!

I could need an idea for the following issues (maybe its even do-able without CFD, I'm also quite new to 3cx at all):

We are an office with 4 employees, I got a ring group for all 4 phones.
    It happens quite often that only 1 employee is at the office, for that situation I'd like to have the following function:
    - I press a dss key on one of our phones (Yealink T46G and T41P)
    - our 3cx is then limiting incoming calls to 1. So if the only left employee answers his phone, everyone else gets a busy condition

I may could achieve it in a way with a queue and signing off queue-members, but I guess this won't give me the option to "activate" my idea by pressing a dss key on any of our phones.

Atm I'm using a beronet gateway and 2 german ISDN connections (4 simult. calls), later I will switch to some SIP provider

Thanks in advance

2. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Perhaps this requires further thought on my part, but from my perspective a busy signal is the least desirable outcome. As a business owner, I would want to provide an explanation for why their call is not being answered "all agents are busy" for example. And I would want to give the caller the opportunity to leave a message with a call back number. That seems like a more customer-friendly approach.

But to answer to your question, you could create a CFD application that when dialed changes the number of simultaneous calls permitted on a SIP trunk (probably considerably more difficult with a hardware based gateway). We can dive into the details, but some things to consider is a prompt that announces the current number of permitted calls, with a menu option to change it from one state to the other. This will require an external component that leverages the 3CX Call Control API to make the necessary change to the trunk. I assume that 3CX would dynamically make this change, but I'm ignorant whether the trunk would need to be re-registered with the provider for the changes to take immediate effect. Some testing to confirm would be prudent.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Also, instead of changing the number of simultaneous calls from the SIP trunk, you can create a CFD app to receive all inbound calls. Then, this app can check if there are more established calls than allowed, and in that case forward the call to a voicemail, otherwise send it to the ring group...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Even better Ernesto! I got a little overly focused on the specific request :)

5. PL_

PL_

Thanks for your input!

@voiptoys: Yes, you are right. Instead of a busy signal I'd better play a wav-file annoucing all agents are busy!

@edossantos Can you name a few buzz words I can look up to achieve checking the amount of current calls? I guess I only can achieve it by using the API inside my call flow? I will need to further investigate on that :)

6. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You need to use a script for that. By invoking:
    PhoneSystem.Root.GetActiveConnections().Length

You will get the number of active connections in the system.

PL_ likes this.
  7. PL_

PL_

Thank you very much! I will have a look into it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.