• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Need Assistant - Dialing out land and cell lines**SOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internguy

Reaction score
Okay so after playing with 3cx v 10 this week I finally went out and bought a trunk. I picked up an unlimited plan from Callcentric and have got registered with them.

I want to use my phone system to dial out to celluar phones and landlines but am not sure where to go from here.

Do I need to set up a gateway (I shouldnt as arent those only for things such as t1 or what not?)?

The plan I bought should be what I need right?

Pretty much need any help. Let me know what information you guys need. Thanks!

Re: Need Assistant - Dialing out land and cell lines

If you cant tell Im pretty new to this so any and all help would be appreciated.

You need to create an (some) outbound rules. First off, decide if you want to have to dial an access digit, such as 9, for outside calls. You also need to know what digits your provider wants to receive. Do you want any sort of restrictions on the digits dialled? Do you want one plan that covers local and domestic long distance? What about international? Special numbers like 911, etc.

A simple rule (for North America), using 9 as an access would be... Numbers beginning with 91, 12 digits long, remove 1 digit, send out on your providers trunk (that you created in 3CX).

Of course, this means you dial all calls, local and LD as 91NPANXXXXXX.

If your area code were 202, you could create a rule like...numbers beginning with 9202, 11 digits long, remove 1 digit and prepend "1". This would send out 1202NXXXXXX, if that is the format your provider wants.

Ive set a basic outbound rule of dialing 9 first, then having my provider (callcentric) strip 1 digit. When ever I call an outside line it goes straight to end call/destiniation not found. What else do I need to look at?

Thanks!

EDIT: Ive also only got a voip provider setup. Do I need to set up a gateway rule?

Ok, seems like you got in a little muddle here with outbound rules

I think the best way forward is to get a basic rule setup first that works then build in additional rules if required later.
As you only have the 1 VoIP Provider, 1 outbound rule should be enough to get you started.

Can you go to the 3CX Console and select Outbound Rules
Delete all the rules you have here so can start fresh.

Create a new rule and for the prefix box enter 9
* Don’t enter any numbers in any of the other boxes *

See attached image for example

Attachments

• rules.png
    rules.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,885

Ok Ive set up the outbound rule just like you have it. ive been working with callcentric support too and realized I didnt have a did number but I do now. I can know dial to this phone also but still cant dial out.

did you dial 9 before the area code and number

I did. Im thinking it maybe a problem with my voip provider so Ill wait too see what their support says. If you have any other ideas feel free to let me know.

Thanks!

Ok, so a few updates. I can make calls to outbound lines via call centrics clickto dial (which has a moderator that it calls then it calls the other number). When I check the server log this is what I get

15:29:37.587 [CM503016]: Call(9): Attempt to reach <sip:91838210821@192.168.5.104:5060> failed. Reason: Not Found

So, two things. One is that the area code on that is not the one I dialed and two is why is it dialing like its trying to connect to another softphone?

Thanks!

Ok looking for any advice here. I can still get outbound calls via click 2 dial but cannot pick up one of my phones and just dial out. I can also call into the phones and they work fine.

When you put in the number and dial it immediatly ends the call. Any ideas?

Ok well it was a stupid issue on my part. I had the outbound rule to call management and I thought I had all the numbers under it but I didnt...doh!

thank you all for your help and time.

Internguy said:
Ok well it was a stupid issue on my part. I had the outbound rule to call management and I thought I had all the numbers under it but I didnt...doh!

thank you all for your help and time.

thanks for the update and thanks a lot for your persistance
Unfortunatelly, the "routing of calls" is the most complex part of configuration, because it relatively easy to overlook trivial mistakes :(

Regards

Dave / leejor - thank you for your help

Internguy - welcome aboard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.