Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Need Clarification

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alenz, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alenz

Hi Everyone,

I'm rebuilding our 3CX system that we've been using for 6+ months. I like the system overall (i inherited it sort of)

Rebuilding it due to switching from 3 digit extension to 4 a while ago, and have had nothing but issues since.

We're using the latest version of 3CX and my questions are:

1. Do i need to specify a SIP ID? If i enter the extension number, it get's marked as "Red" I'm guessing that's bad. I'm not sure what we should enter if it's not the extension number, things seem to work if i leave it blank :)

2. What are the best practices, should i have PBX delivering audio? We've had issues with paging at head office, it's choppy and mostly not useable.

3. We have a mix of Astra 6753i's and 480i's. The 480i's don't support park orbits (I've been told, haven't done my own research yet), so we're basically not using parking at the moment. Does anyone have suggestions on how to make it useable? Excluding our head office, our users are mostly not beside a PC.

Also, I've had one issue that I'm bashing my head against if someone can explain / point me in the right direction for troubleshooting.

I have one extension that after hours if someone is leaving a voice mail, mid way through the message it get's transferred to a ring group. This happens while leaving a voice mail, I've been able to re-create it. I've checked the forwarding settings and see no reason of why this would happen. It's only one of our locations (same system), doesn't do it on my own extension.

Thanks for any input :)

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

You need to specify SIP ID only in case if concrete extension should be able to receive "Direct SIP" calls from everywhere.
    If you don't need this functionality then leave SIP ID blank.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. alenz

Great, thank you for clarifying that.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3CX server log (verbose mode) may provide an indication as to what is happening with the call. At least you can reproduce the issue, it's the problems that seem to happen at random, that are the real "hair pullers".

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

"PBX delivers audio=on" rather solves the problem than causes it.
    It depends on many factors. If you provide more information about the environment then we will be able to suggest something more concrete.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. alenz

I apologize, i think i phrased that part of my post badly.

Currently we have PBX delivers audio "off" or "unchecked".

I currently have a Ring Group setup with all our head office users, around 30-40 devices, with "Paging" as the Ring Strategy.

When our receptionist pages; the page is very delayed and cuts in and out.

All the users are on the same network. The phones are a mix of Aastra 6753i's and 480i's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.