Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Need Help - Forward to Outside Num when CID is anonymous

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cejota3, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cejota3

Hello Everyone,

I've been banging my head on this one for hours, searched many posts, changed countless settings, and I still do not have it working. Here is the senario:

- An inbound call comes in, let's say with a known, presented caller ID of 303-555-1212. That call comes in on a number that I have programmed to a ring group, so all of the extensions in that ring group ring. If no one answers, I have the "Forward to Outside Number" selection chosen in the "Destination if no answer" section. It all work great (the call is properly forwarded via my primary VoIP provider to the outside number).

- However, keeping everything the same, if the inbound call now does not have a caller ID, in other words it is "anonymous" (as you can do if you prefix your call with "*67" in some cases), all of the extensions in the ring group ring, but when it comes time to do the forwarding to the outside number portion, it fails. The call is just dropped and I get the standard 3CX message that says, "no answer call will be ended".

_All_ other outbound calls via our VoIP provider from all of our extensions work just fine. So in other words, the varible seems to be whether or not the inbound call that is getting forwarded has caller ID or not. This actually jibes with what my VoIP provider is telling me also, because they said they will not accept an outbound call from us that doesn't have a valid caller ID.

So, I figure there has got to be an easy way to "force" a certain Caller ID to my VoIP provider on outbound calls when the call is actually the result of a forward.

Any help?

I've been mucking around with the settings in the "Outbound Parameters" tab for my VoIP provider, and it seems as if it should be one of those "SIP Fields", but I'll be darned if I can figure out which one and what it should be set to.

For what it is worth, it is not particularlly important to me to preseve the originating caller ID on the forward in the cases when it is a valid caller ID. In other words, it would be acceptable to me to "hardcode" all my outbound calls to a value that is acceptable to my VoIP provider to make this work. (Although such a solution would be less than ideal.)

Thank you,
    C.J.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There might be something in this post... http://www.3cx.com/forums/keep-caller-id-on-forward-to-external-number-9248-15.html#p73354

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.