Need Help in Finalizing Hardware for 3CX Setup for 200 Users

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by arvama, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arvama

Hello,

I'm Setting up 3CX IP PBX System, i need to confirm few details.

1. For 200 User, what would be the good system configuration
    2. I have ISDN PRI 30 Channels line, how to integrate with 3CX and what are all the hardware requirements.
    3. Presently I’m setting up this in India, is there any trunk or local number provider which supports 3CX in US/UK
    4. I already have 4 Analog Telephone lines, how to use these line for incoming/outgoing. Is there any special hardware/gateway available? Suggestions appreciated.
    5. Suggest me cheap and best IP Phone, which supports 3CX, as well as a good IP Phone.

Please help me to finalize, i 'm quit impressed with the 3CX, while implementing with Analog Lines I’m facing problems.

Regards,
    Kumaresan Pandurangan
    Arvama Technologies Pvt Ltd, INDIA.
    email : kumar@arvama.com
    mobile : +91 9810266537

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. arvama

Hello Matt,

If this is the case, is there any other SIP which i can compare with ? (for 32 Concurrent Calls)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hoover87

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

If you need more than 32 simultaneous calls you could use several 3CX servers and bridge them together.

Best but least expensive FXO is the AudioCodes MP-114/118 (4 or 8 analog lines). Patton also works very well but is more money.

For the phones: For that many extensions you have 3 options - Grandstream 2000 or 2020, Snom, or Polycom. All of those provision easily from either 3CX or with Polycom an FTP or TFTP site with config files. Linksys also makes good phones but I'm not sure how to provision them yet.
    Personally I like the Linksys and Polycom phones. They sound better and seem to be built better than the Grandstream. I haven't tried the Snom yet though.

5. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

It should be recommended to use Patton Smartnode 4960 PRI/T1/E1 gateway.

6. eddietang

We use a AudioCodes Mediant 1000 E1/T1 VoIP gateway. Works wonderfully. Yes the only bumber is that 3CX only now supports 32 simultaneous calls. Wonder if the limit is because of a hardware resource issue. :|

7. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

I am not sure that 3CX only supports 32 simultaneous calls. This is the pricing and part number on the 3CX website:
    Part number Description Euro USD
    3CXPSENT128 Perpetual license up to 128 simultaneous calls 4600 5980

8. asfuture

asfuture New Member

if you need more than 32 simoultaneos calls take a look on: http://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing.html
    you can buy more licenses
    EX : Perpetual license up to 128 simultaneous calls cost 4600 euro: that is 4*32 with another words: you are no expensive. you need a PC en not 4.

9. Molsen6

Hey Everybody

I have a system running with 200 VOIP lines and 200 extensions.
    The hardware is a Inter Dual core 2.6 mhz with 4 Gb Ram

Has been running 3cx v3.1 but runs 5.1.
    V5.1 is more stable and lines and extensions are not hanging
    as they did on previous versions.

The extensions are sitting on 9 x Quintum AX-2400

10. asfuture

asfuture New Member

He MOlsen
    i have a question. Your 200 VoIP lines are also sip tunks or sip accounts??? or only analogue lines??? and another qustion: where are you from??? did you need some special PSTN tones there for??

11. Molsen6

Hi asfuture

They are all sip accounts, but working on trying DDI instead. (Haven't had the time yet)
    I from Denmark and the system is installed at a collegium. The system is using the provider
    Nettel (in the provider configuration)

I haven't done any special things to the configuration regarding tones

Hope this info helps

Regards
    Michael

12. htcomm

We are about to install a 60 user system with probably about 20 concurrent calls through an sdsl line (2MB).

I intend to run it on an Intel Dual Core 2.66 with 2MB Ram.

I couple of questions:

1. I have the choice of XPpro or Windows server 2003. Which would you recommend for this sort of extension/call volume ?
    2. What sdsl router would you recommend. I'm looking at the Zyxel 792H, but I haven't got a clue !
    3. Do you recon the server pc is sufficient ?

I'd be really grateful for your advise.

13. htcomm

Thanks for that mattlandis.

We will be getting a proper server for the job and you are right about resilience. That is the reason for my question about the OS. Ideally I would have liked to have gone for XPro, but for this sort of system RAID is probably a good idea which moves me into Server 2003 teritory.

Yeah, maybe 2G Ram is a little light, there is nothing worse than an unreliable install so I think I'll up this to 4.

I think we are getting the licence from Zen.

14. asfuture

asfuture New Member

thats a goed one. 60 users with a line. do you though about aan backup line???

15. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I personally dont think RAID is necessary at all. Do you mean because of the voice mail messages? these can be forwarded to a mail server so you would already have a copy.

16. htcomm

I was really only thinking of raid (disk mirroring) to keep the system running in event of a disk failure.
    It does add complication and maybe will be more trouble than its worth.

Thats a good idea the mail messages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.