need help on installation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tthoma, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tthoma

Dear All,

I am new to VOIP and would like to install a 3CX voip system in my office. I am quite familiar with networking concepts and network configurations. My question is as follow:

I have 2 ISDN lines coming in my office. (2 in eache office 3 offices in total)
    my network configuration is win 2003 server + 10 win xp pro workstations + cisco pix 501 + cable modem with static IP
    3 offices with same configurations above

What are the required hardware that I would need in order to setup the voip pbx and connect the 2 lines to the pbx?
    How to I configure external voip phones (outside my central office) to the other 2 offices?

Your help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Thomas C. Thoma

2. czesiu

You should consider whether you want to use existing links for communication between offices or you want to use VoIP gateway to PSTN. Please describe what you want to achive, it's not clear from your explanation. I've 3 offices connected to head office using VPN, but if anyone wants to call public number, needs to go via VoIP gateway.
    So, start with project first....

Best Regards
    Czesiu

3. landfiets

landfiets New Member

Maybe you can first try the software out with 2 phones and a voipline p.e from Voipbuster. Test it how it works. Read the manual, and then see what 3CX can do for you. ISDN is expensive, so maybe when you trust the 3CX software you can reduce the ISDN lines to zero or only one office with that. Make it a longterm testing because when you don' t know anything about VOIP and have 3 offices you really need to test if everything works for you.
    MAke a blueprint plan of what you want. do you want to keep ISDN or do you want to get rid of it. Do you only want to call out with VOIP or also want the inbound traffic going by voip. You want to keep your normal phones or do you want to replace it with special VOIP phones like Linksys SPA962 or SNOM. All those questions are important. Let someone (it can be you) make some time to test it on a seperate windows machine with some phones or softphones. For more detailed help, give a shout and we try to explain.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.