• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Need help on upgrading to new Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Shum

Reaction score
hi there,

I am had been using 3CX 3 years ago.
Due to lack of maintenance, my system is still in V12, which the system was installed on a local computer (not in cloud).

Here sre my questions,
I remember I had purchased a 8-sim version with permanent license. But today when I look into the system, I am “downgraded” to free version, and some of the functions I cannot use anymore (e.g. Group Ring).

Can anyone tell me am I suppose to be a paid version account? But seems that all paid version are required to pay by annually.

Thank you so much.

Hi Tom,

Currently the FREE version and Standard version are combined (sort of) for the first year you can download it FOC but after the year has expired if you do not renew the maintenance it will downgrade to a FREE 4SC.

I would speak to your 3CX sales contact or reseller about the status of your key. When it does become time to upgrade here are your steps:

• From v9 and v10 you must upgrade to v11 SP 4a first, then to v12 SP 6.1
  • From v12 SP 6.1 you must go to v12.5 first. *
  • From v12.5 SP2 you can go to 15(.5) *
  • From v14 you can go to v15(.5) directly.
  • Backups from previous versions can only be restored during the installation of the pbx.

Hi Eddv123,

Do you mean I have to upgrade and pay for my system in order to get back those functions?

My vendor is OPS Communication Ltd from Hong Kong.

Thx so much.

Hello @Tom Shum

As mentioned if you have a vendor it is always recommended to contact them for assistance. If further assistance is required you can use the contact form and contact our costumer support service
https://www.3cx.com/company/contact/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.