• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Need help seeting up prefix

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamtlhern

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Newbie here!

I have downloaded and set up the latest 3cx and purchased a Grandstream GXW-4104 to plug into our analogue lines.

Before we had 3cx we had 2 lines and we had to press 9 to dial out(NO PBX). Now we have 3cx installed and we have plugged in the GXW4104 and having trouble dialing out.

I assume, the dial 9 on the old system was something that BT setup somewhere maybe at the exchange, so i need to tell 3cx to dial 9 before the number 07971....ect.

I have tried putting in a prefix of 9 and "Strip Digits = 0" but not having much luck.

Do i need to tell the GXW-4104 to do something maybe? Or have i just not done it right at all ????

Any help would be appreciated

Can you get incoming calls?
If not - then trouble my be deeper.

If you can get incoming calls, try plugging in an anlog phone to the line and see if you can dial... Do you have to dial 9? or 8? or anything?

What you are doing on the oubound rules sounds correct - myabe paste a screenshot.

After changing strip digits did you change the prefix to 1?

Well, a couple of things first-

1. Did you provision the gxw and does it show the ports as being registered?
2. Would I be correct in assuming that 3cx is replacing an earlier PBX?

If you were to take an analog phone and connect directly to one of the BT lines, can you dial a destination number without the need for a "9"? My guess is yes, and if so then a "9" is not needed to be passed to BT. My guess is that the earlier PBX was set this way. If you want to remain consistent to the past, you can use a "9" to dial so the user experience remains the same, but strip 1 so that it (9) is not passed to BT?

Of course, assuming that BT handles all calls and there is no need to accommodate additional r outing, then you can eliminate the "9" altogether.

Hi everyone,

Thanks fr your comments and support, After sleeping on the problem and coming in with a fresh head I have managed to sort the problem.

I spoke to a BT engineer friend of mine and he advised me of a few things i needed to look at. The phones were set up on a Hunt group by BT so the reason we had to dial 9 with the old phones was to tell the BT exchange to (open line) so when I put in the 3cx system i was only telling it to dial one 9 and then strip it...but if i press 99 then the phone number its only stripping one of those 9's and allowing the 4104 to send the other 9 to the BT exchange to "open line"

Hoorar!

However....another problem today.

We have 2 Lines and we can call out on both lines without a problem at he same time. However.....trying to call in....no luck at all

I get the following error message from my server log on 3cx
15:07:25.578 [CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: INVITE [email protected] tid=56d0a2609970ae72 cseq=INVITE [email protected]:5062 / 21709 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

If i call in on my mobile, i get the normal ringing tone, but the office phones don't ring and the light on the 4104 doesn't light up either, but i'm not sure if its meant to?!

So, anyone come across this problem before ??

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.