Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Need help with complicated call routing (queues/ring groups)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by epeterson, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epeterson

We have a sequential block of 100 DIDs, xxx-xxx-4000 is our "Main" company telephone number and every employee has a DID assigned as a direct-dial number.

When a call comes in on xxx-xxx-4000 we would like that call to ring to our receptionist at extension 4065 first if she is available. If the receptionist is unavailable (Away/DND/Busy/Doesn't Answer) we would like the incoming call to ring to a group of people simultaneously (extensions 4065 [receptionist] plus ext. 4025, ext. 4039 ext. 4046, and ext. 4059). If none of those 5 extensions are available (Away/DND/Busy/Don't Answer) we would like to add in a 6th extension... If the call still isn't answered after ringing 6 extensions then the call gets forwarded to an IVR so the caller can use the directory or leave a message in the general mailbox.

Basically what I think I'm looking for is a way to have a "ring all" call queue nested inside a "prioritized hunt" call queue but I don't know if that is possible.

2. engin411

engin411 New Member

I think:
    Create 2 queues, one for the 5 phones and one for the 6 phones. Then, I think you can set queues to forward the call (to another queue, or IVR) if no answer in a specified timeframe. I've worked more with queue members that are logged out of queue rather than being set to a status, so I'm not positive on all this.

3. epeterson

Can an extension be a member of multiple queues?

If so I guess we could have:
    Queue #1) Receptionist, If no answer in 10 seconds, FWD to Queue #2
    Queue #2) Receptionist plus 4 other extensions, if no answer in 10 seconds FWD to Queue #3
    Queue #3) All 5 extensions from queue #2 plus 6th extension, if no answer in 10 seconds FWD to IVR.

4. engin411

engin411 New Member

yes, that was my thinking, we have numerous extensions here that are in more than 1 queue

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

We do this but with Ring Groups.

Similar, but I guess the phone isn't ringing if the person isn't logged into queue.

The receptionist phone is always ringing... then we add a couple, then a couple more.

(And, I'm not sure "sequential block of 100 DIDs" is even relevant... Even without a bunch of DID's this can be accomplished with 1 incoming number.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.