Need help with remote extension - Siemens Gigaset A580 IP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cirrusitsystems, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cirrusitsystems

Hi all,

This is my first post so please go easy on me :D

I have a Siemens Gigaset A580IP phone which I would like to connect to our company's 3CX v10 PBX. I am remote to the PBX.

The broadband connection the PBX is connected to does not have a static IP - we use DynDNS for host resolution. My broadband connection also has a dynamically assigned IP address.

I have configured the phone with all authentication credentials and the dyndns address of the server - it attempts to connect but the server rejects the connection with the following error:

14:50:09.402 [CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER 192.168.1.250 tid=f7601dd8e88074bcd18515ac363055e1 cseq=REGISTER contact=xxx@192.168.1.18:5060 / 44 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

I have heard mention that I may need to use STUN but I don't have a clue where to start with this - can somebody point me in the right direction please?

3CX softphone is working perfectly in tunnel mode so I assume all ports have been forwarded corectly - firewall checker is passing all tests also.

Many thanks in advance,

Paul.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Need help with remote extension - Siemens Gigaset A580 I

When setting up (and using) remote extensions, there are a number of issues to overcome, this may just be the first hurdle, in your case. The use of STUN is almost always needed. If that particular phone has a STUN option, then a STUN server needs to be datafilled and enabled. The fact that a private IP is showing up in the log would indicate that this has not been done. Any communication to 3CX (showing in the log) should show the public IP (plus port number) of the remote device.

There may be a way around a lack of a STUN setting in the phone, but check first to see if there is one, and make use of it.

3. pat

pat

Hi

There must be a FAQ for configure a Gigaset.
    Please Search it...

pat

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi Paul,

Read the blog post http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/remote-extensions/ to get familiar yourself how to setup external extensions. Also read http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/ - Updated link how to setup the Gigaset C470IP. These settings are valid for the A580 IP.
    No, it won’t give you a direct solution, but it may help you to fill in the necessary fields to get it work for you.

Good luck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cirrusitsystems

Thanks very much for all replies.

I have got the a580 base unit to register with 3cx - didn't use stun .

However if I try to make a call all I hear is like a bird cheeping sound - also, not ringing when a call comes in. So pretty much not working lol.

I'll have a look through the links posted by complex1 - there seems to be lots if good info in there.

Thanks again.

Paul.

6. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

we have setup quite a few if the A580 IP phones and dont have any issues.

i think you could benefit from someone logging in remotely and checking the settings and doing some tests, should not take any longer then 30 minutes to resolve the issues or at least find the problem.

7. cirrusitsystems

I can now make calls but cannot receive. When I speak into the a580 the other person can hear me perfectly but I can't hear them when they speak.

I think it's because 3CX thinks my phone is on the Local network (192.168.1.x) - no matter what I do, even using stun.3cx.com, I cannot get the phone to report it's public ip to 3cx.

What sort of charge are we talking about here for logging in to help?

8. davidbenwell

Hi, please take a look at http://www.3cx-phone-system.co.uk/pay-as-you-go-support.html

Regards
    Dave

9. cirrusitsystems

Thanks David. Cost is very reasonable.

I'll keep trying to get it working myself and will give you a shout when I'm at my wits end - I'm not quite there yet!

10. davidbenwell

We did have a customer who's A580 Base was registering with 3CX using the internal ip and not the public IP.

If i recall what the issue was, I believe setting the stun3.3cx.com for the stun server resolved the issue.

Attached Files:

• a580.png
      a580.png
      File size:
      16.9 KB
      Views:
  11. cirrusitsystems

Problem solved (I hope).

David, I modified the stun server to stun3 but no change.

In the back of my head I wondered if the fact that my home network is numbered the same as the office (where the 3CX lives) - they are both 192.168.1.X. As a test I changed my subnet to 172.16.1.X and hey presto it worked! A580 is now registering with 3CX using public IP and I can make/receive calls as expected.

Many thanks for all replies.

Paul.

12. davidbenwell

Pleased you managed to fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.