Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Need help with routing of DDI

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by seanbts, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seanbts

Hi All,

I'm setup a remote extension and have set one of our DDI to route directly to this extension number and have setup up the office hours for that extension, but no matter what , what I ring the DDI number it keeps going to the reception extension 10.

[CM503012]: Inbound out-of-office hours rule (unnamed) for 10000 forwards to DN:10.

I can't see were I would have set an inbound hours rule?

Any help would be great, Thanks

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi, from what you are asking as it would seem, you wish to be able to route incoming calls based upon the time of day?

If this is correct, then there is two ways of doing this.

User Extension Level or VoIP Provider Level

VoIP Provider Level

Goto > Ports/Trunks Status and double click the VoIP Account in question
    uncheck the box where it says "Same as During Office Hours

This will then give you more options,

Office Hours, you could have calls going to the reception extension

Outside Office Hours, you could have this set to another extension, which could be configured to call a mobile or even an external number out side of office hours.

Extension Level
    Goto > Extension Status and select the extension you wish to apply hours rule
    Goto > Extension (Office Hours) Tab and select This Extension has Specific Office Hours
    and define the hours you wish the extension to be Available

Now goto Forwarding Rules (Tab) and select the Out Of Office option and then you will be able to set where the call is redirected / Voice Mail - Another Extension, External Number, Mobile etc etc.

Hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. seanbts

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply, I'm actually looking to forward calls based on a particular DDI number. Our VOIP provider has provided us with 8 DDI Numbers, I have added these in under VOIP Provider, and then under Inbound rules, selected one of the DDI's and said to forward to a particular extension, but when I ring this DDI number it keeps been out through to the reception extension (10) .

4. davidbenwell

Ah right ok, What provider are you using? and how is this delivered to you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. seanbts

Provider is Blueface from Ireland, when I login to our account on line I see all 8 DDI's and they are set to ring to our main SIP account , so all DDI's ring to the same SIP account.

6. davidbenwell

Have you setup both Call Source identification and DID‟s associated with this account under > VoIP Providers and selecting the provider and then going to the two end fields?

1. Setup your VOIP Provider 2.

Under the main number for that VOIP Provder scroll down to "VOIP Provider > <number> > Other Options > Source Identification by DID"

3. In this field define all the masks for all DID numbers that come in under this VOIP Provider.

You do this using a comma separated list. I for example might have DID range allocated to me of 01695555100 to 01695555125 inclusive so this means I could define 0169555510*(this traps all 01695555100-109), 0169555511*(this traps all 01695555110-119), 01695555121, 01695555122, 01695555123, 01695555124, 01695555125(these I have to trap separately) 3CX then knows when it sees this number that it is related to this VOIP Provider. Just be a little careful as my assumption is that your VOIP provider sends the full DID in the SIP message, I have heard that some VOIP provider sometimes only send the last 6 digits etc. you will just need to check your SIP messages to be completely sure what is being sent to you.

2. Next you have to tell 3CX where in the incoming SIP message this incoming DID number is stored so 3CX knows where to pluck it out of and check it against the DID mask. You do this in "VOIP Provider > <your VOIP provider> > DID > SIP Field > SIP Field containing DID numbers". In order to find this information you will need to set the logging level of 3CX to "Verbose" (then restart 3CX) and then call one of the DID numbers from an external phone.

7. seanbts

Hiya Dave,

Have done what you suggested, can I send you via PM the Log file, as I don't understand it! thanks again for all your help,

8. davidbenwell

you can send the log to support@it-communicationsltd.co.uk

9. seanbts

Done! Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.