Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Need help with Welcome Email

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by yasser123, Sep 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yasser123

i followed the steps to configure STMP correctly, but i did'nt receive the welcome email,, how long does it take to receive it?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It should take no longer than sending any other email, if the email settings are correctly defined. Have you confirmed that any other type of emails from the system can be sent?

3. yasser123

Thanks for reply, but if can guide me please from where to check that?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3CX can be set up to send a number of types of emails. One type is an alert if certain events happen, hacking, all trunks busy, and the like. If you enable some of these messages, and an event happens that should trigger one, and you don't receive it, then you may need to review your email (send) settings. If you change the sending email setting to that of another email account, one you receive email on, just fr a test, and an email is rejected by your email provider, you will receive a rejection notification. You might also want to check the Activity Log to see if there are any error messages associated with the sending of the emails.

You can also try implementing gmail to see if that works...

https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/gmail-mail-server/

5. yasser123

all set and the same issue remains the same

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What does "all set" mean? Did you try using gmail? If that didn't work, could there be a reason (firewall?), that is blocking email on the PC/server?

7. yasser123

all set means that i received a message says "SMTP Test OK - your PBX can send emails">>> but when i select send welcome message i receive nothing,, firewall is off

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you trying , repeatedly, to one email? If so, try changing the destination email address (for the extension), to another address for testing. See if it shows up there. If it does, then it may be a problem with the destination you are sending to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.