need help

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by prashanthmp, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prashanthmp

Hi! i`m new to this forum, i have a project in mind wherein my client will call to a hotline number ther a IVRS or auto attendant will respond to that call and gets a number and dials to that particular number and should disconnect after perticular time! and the reciepient number belongs to PSTN network, which all hardware i should have and which operator will be a good option for me, can i make a call to a PSTN network for free,
    thanks in advance, hoping for best response

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A gateway would allow calls to come in from the PSTN and go out again. Obviously you would need a gateway with more than one line, perhaps a four port (or larger) unit. Some gateways allow you to set a maximum length for the call and will end the call after X number of minutes. As to which operator would be best for you.... i suppose that would depend on what sort of features/numbers/rates you want, and where (country/city?) you plan on setting this up.

3. prashanthmp

in india can you give the technical specification. which card i`ve to use and what all steps i need to follow
    Is 3cx is enough for all these operations??

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You should probably have a basic understanding of VoIP, and telephony in general, before taking on a project of this sort, from scratch, or plan to get in touch with someone locally that can help guide you. You won't be able to make PSTN calls for "free". You will have to pay something depending on how you connect, either via a landline (PSTN) gateway, VoIP, or a mobile gateway. There may be someone on this forum, based in India, that can recommend a local provider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.