Need more Grandstream templates

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Leon Zetekoff, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Leon Zetekoff

Leon Zetekoff New Member

We are a Grandstream reseller and beta tester and it would be nice to have provisioning for the GXP21xx, HT7xx, DP7xx devices.

Specifically: GXP2160, GXP2170, DP750/760, DP715, HT702

Leon

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

These devices were specifically not supported by 3cx.
    At some point, they decided they could no longer support Grandstream programming.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Leon Zetekoff

Leon Zetekoff New Member

that makes no sense...they're all part of the same family.

4. craigreilly

i agree - it would make life a lot easier.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Leon Zetekoff

Leon Zetekoff New Member

Looking at the config pages of the GXP2170 on the MAINTENANCE page:

3CX Auto Provision
    NoYes

Also, 3CX does know my device is a 2170 so whats the deal with provisioning from the PBX?

Leon

6. computer130

The HT701 and HT801 have also the function 3CX Auto Provision

7. Leon Zetekoff

Leon Zetekoff New Member

That's nice to know...I'll have to see if the DP750 has it too.

8. jem1

3CX wont' work with Grandstream anymore for new phone support, however Grandstream offers templates for 3CX, you just need to sign up to be a Grandstream reseller.

9. Leon Zetekoff

Leon Zetekoff New Member

why wont 3CX work with GS anymore? We are a GS reseller but not being able to provision devices from the PBX is a showstopper potentially
    PS: The PBX knows what model I have so why can't the existing provisioning work?

10. jem1

The world may never know, that's between 3CX and GS. Also GS apparently has no current plans to support uaCSTA and stick with the legacy CTI, that's kind of a show stopper for me IMO with the webclient getting the attention (and I hate "Make call"), I'd rather deploy phones that are fully supported and Fanvils have the right price point in comparison to GS, though I will say I got to deploy a GS conference room phone and I like it so much better than the Polycoms.

Also the new 15.5 U1 brings many features into the management interface for supported phones and will cut down on custom templates, another item that will mark GS off.

And quite frankly, GS's firmware lately is such a hot mess, I upgraded a 2130 to the 1.0.8.X firmware and yeah, I had issue and one heck of a time bringing it back to 1.0.7.X. They keep adding feature after feature after feature, and the bugs keep piling up.

We really liked GS phones at first, but they are starting to wear a bit on me.

11. Leon Zetekoff

Leon Zetekoff New Member

I agree lately GS is having some issues but I know the handset guys (DECT) are listening to me since I am a beta tester. Why 3CX is taking this attitude is beyond me. They would want to have more devices being able to be directly provisioned.

Leon

12. jem1

Oh I agree, could also be that GS directly competes with 3CX with their own PBX where as Yealink and Fanvil do not.

13. Leon Zetekoff

Leon Zetekoff New Member

You can't compare the two...GS has an appliance, probably based on ASterisk (asterisk is fine but the hardware is the limiting factor)

3CX really needs to support more devices.

14. craigreilly

If I sell off all of my GS phones - I will keep the Cordless and Conference. The conference phone is great and the Cordless is manually provisioned... just a few steps.

15. jem1

No but they are a competitor when they weren't before. It really makes GS very affordable in the SMB market with an appliance at the cost that they are with integrated FXO/FXS ports. Fanvil was a step in the right direction as a replacement for the GS market. I wish they were as nice as they are now a couple years back, probably would not have sold any GS to be honest.

I setup the conference last week and i like it way more than the Polycoms so far, wish it was ours haha.