Need Some Help With Setting Up And Confirming

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fu19900514, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fu19900514

Hi, I am experimenting with the free version of this PBX software. This is for my high school computer enginerring/computer science project/exam project.
    I currently have a single VOIP provider which is 2 channel.
    I have set everything up and the PBX does see all of the hardware on the network.
    I can currently recieve calls and do what ever I need such as rules and extension calling.
    The problem I am having is outbound calls.
    The area code I am using is 416 and my provider allows me to call with 011 1 416 / 416 / 1 416.
    I have tried every combination of (strip,starting prefix,prepend,length of) and tested with every calling way but either I get call cannot be completed or it won't even go through (using iphone 3cx or the PAP2T-NA) or I get the call is not covered by my tier plan.

Call To Number Length Of 10 - Call 4168332337 on iPhone App
    Current Setup:
    PAP2T-NA #1 (EXT 100)
    PAP2T-NA #2 (EXT 101)
    iPhone #1 (EXT 200)
    iPhone #2 (EXT 201)
    Android #1 (EXT 300)
    Andriod #2 (EXT 301)

2. markshehan

markshehan New Member

14-Nov-2012 14:49:18.376 [CM503025]: Call(C:52): Calling T:Line:10000>>168332337@[Dev:sip:16478481507@voip.directnet.ca:5060] for L:52.1[Extn]

That line is calling 16 833 2237 but you had 416 833 2237 you are stripping a digit in your outbound rule.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. fu19900514

right now on dropdown list, it is set to 1.

4. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Which means it will remove the first digit.

Change it to 0.

The reason it is there and useful is in some situations I want to control which provider I go out of (if I have multiple or bridges) so i can use a dial code to tell 3cx to use this provider, but I then need to remove the prefix before sending the number.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. left

My setup is...We have a call center which services 7 locations (5 different area codes). Most agents are from the 949 area code and want to dial 7 numbers only (ex: 5551212). The telco requires 1949 and then the 7 digit number. My outbound rule looks like:
    Number Length = 7, Strip = 0, Prepend = 1949
    Another rule: Number L=1, Starts with: 9, Prepend: 17145551212 which calls the manager (dial 9, send will call the manager's cell number)
    Another rule: Number L=10, Strip 0, Prepend = 1 and so on.

Adam Gruener
    LeftClickHere.com

6. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Adam. You can set up a 7 digit rule for each of the area codes. You can put the different area code agents into groups and then assign an outbound rule for 7 digits and a group. Then prepend the area code.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You have to be careful when using single digits as "speed call". There can be conflicts with the first digits of local numbers (especially if people pause during dialling), and will generally require a "send", "dial" or #, to speed up the call (although dialplans on some sets on ATA's can be tweaked to accommodate). The phone may be waiting for additional digits before sending on to the PBX. Unless you restrict this single digit to certain extensions in the outbound rules, you are going to loose the flexibility to use it later as needs change. I find using 3 digit "speed call" numbers, using an unused prefix digit, to be give a lot more flexibility and less chance of a number being dialled it error. It also allows you to have 99 speed call entries, so you can add other frequently called numbers.

8. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Actually it wasnt my quote :) And I didnt see it in his other rules as I was looking at the 7 digit rules.

But I agree with you 100% and wouldnt do it the way he did it. I would have used a dummy extension if I didnt have speed dials on a blf key and have the dummy extension ring the managers cell. Single digit anything is bad because as you say, the phone may hit a dial plan or the interdigit timer may fire and then the manager is called because someone was slow keying in a full number beginning with 9.

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sorry, I guess whichever post I did the quote from, is where it picked up your name.

10. left

I understand your concerns (and appreciate your comments). Just to answer them....they only needed 1 "speed dial" for the manager. There are no rules starting with a 9 so I selected that. All speed dial buttons on the phones are used for vendors so we couldn't use them. They love having that option and it's worked for about 6 months with no issues. Before doing it, I told them that we could just use ring cell at the same time or forwarding rules to call the manager's cell, but they really wanted a 1 button speed dial so the customer got what they wanted..... Anyway, thanks again.

Adam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.