Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Need some Installation assistance

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Derek66, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek66

We had been using V9 semi-succesfully for about 12 months, installed V10 last week - using Windows 7 Pro - had a crash due to what we beleive was faulty disk, replaced disk, fresh install of windows - did fresh install of v10 restored backed up pbx files, there are no Phones shown under the heading phones - have to Yealinks a T28 and T26 and two Siemens Gigaset handhelds. Am not really proficient at this however tomorow is a public holiday and help is not likely to be available - woould appreciate any directions.

Have removed V10 and re-installed V9 - same problem. I have noted, but am not sure about the relevance that on one computer my internet access is shown as "network 2" and on the computer we use for the phones it is just "network" - any assistance greatly appreciated

2. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

You don't have to go back to V9. V10 should work just fine. First check in your Management Console that you have under Settings menu, Network, SIP port set to 5060. After that, check in your windows fresh installation that you have your firewall disabled and PBX should receive broadcast from phones. Just restart the phones (maybe you should factory reset them) and wait few seconds and they will appear in Phones tab ready to be provisioned.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Derek66

Thank you for that help - is it safe to leave that firewall turned off?
    I have done what you said, and I was able to get the two yealinks to show up under phones and I confirmed the SIP port number you mentioned.
    I have not been able to get the gigsets to work.
    I have done yet another restore of our data and the system has been stationery fro quite some time with the message in the left tpanel say 3cx is restarting with a throbing ! mark. I note that in the Status section of the Reston Tool thit says Restoring Phone Device Files Please wait - and REestoring Call History Please wait..... but below that is says provisioning extensions and Database Restore Sucesful.

Excuse Grammar and spelling I have been at this all day

4. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

The safety of the widows firewall it depends on your network. I cannot answer to this question.
    The Gigaset devices are not on the list of 3cx supported phones and I don't think you will be able to autoprovision them. You will have to set them manualy. I don't know what type of phones do you have but you can find here informations about how to configure a Siemens C470IP to work with 3cx. http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/ - Updated link

About the restore, try to make it again. Maybe the archive is corrupted. Backup and Restore tool has a log where you can see what is happening.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.