Need to display company name in CTI/soft phone

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by elogic, Oct 26, 2015.

Need to display company name in CTI/soft phone 5 5 11votes
5/5, 11 votes

1. elogic

Hi

I think is a good idea having the company name of the caller identity displayed on the CTI and soft phone
    This is really helpful when used in conjunction with the caller ID resolve from company phonebook

Let user to choose which information display looking at the phonebook entries simply adding an option in the settings

thanks

Marco

mgb likes this.
  2. elogic

It seems I do not explain my self:

I do not want to change logo or graphics, I want ho display more information about caller during incoming call

At the moment the 3cx display only first and last name while I would be able to also display other data such as company name.

All these data are available in the company phonebook or in personal phonebook and the are already used by "Resolved caller ID to phonebooke entry" option. Why you do not use additional data?

mgb likes this.
  3. egimbergh

A clarification from my side:

SITUATION 1: often we have several contacts within a single customer. All these contacts call us, originating from the same number. We therefor entered the customer in the phonebook, without a first and lastname. But then, nothing is displayed.

SITUATION 2: we have contacts with the same name at different customers. They cannot be identified on first/lastname.

So now we have the internal instruction to put the contact name in the 'first name' and the company name in the 'last name' (everyone in our company can edit the company phonebook). Needles to say, this often leads to mistakes.

So please: include the company name in the display.

mgb likes this.
  4. itce

Is this something that is considered? It would be really helpful in certain situations to display the company name also when there is an incoming call. At the moment you can only see the company when you open the contact.

5. mgb

mgb

Ich wünsche mir auch, dass der Firmenname angezeigt wird. jedes Unternehmen braucht diese Funktion

6. Lev

Lev New Member

Something i definetely miss on a lot of incomming calls.
    It's very cool if i can greet my caller by name, that makes them always happy, since they know, that i know who they are, before they have to explain it to me. But sometimes - i greet them by their name, but i don't really know, which company i have to look into in my ERP software...
    So, for better caller identification, this is really something missing!

7. narkumas

narkumas New Member

8. Silly English Kniggit

+1 for adding company to the "CLI" string show on soft phone etc

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Lev likes this.
  9. mgb

mgb

hello 3cx team

Why is nothing happening?
    should be fixed quickly.
    and many users need this feature.

greeting

10. narkumas

narkumas New Member

Yes, please implement this. Yesterday I greeted a customer like I do with my collegues, because I did not correctly identified the company.

11. TP_

TP_