• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Need to display user callerid vs DID in a trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

samlouis55

Forum User
Reaction score
Hello,

I have created a generic trunk from 3CX to Cisco CallManager (Cisco is provider). Whenever an user from 3CX is calling the other party, it is the DID number I setup in the trunk that appears.
In the trunk settings => Outbound parameters, From Display & From User : I tried all the settings but cannot show the 3CX user ext as caller id. Except when I choose the option "OutboundCallerID" taken from Extension settings in management console. But to make it works, I should also set the 3CX user ext as Outbound caller ID in the user extension settings.
It doesn't make sense I have to do that for 200 extensions and I am wondering if there are settings I can change to make it work.

PS. I know many of you will tell me to create a bridge in lieu of trunk. But I was unable to make it work the bridge connection.

At this point, (and there have been hints, for a while, that this will change), on a "regular" SIP trunk, the outbound caller Id is taken from one of two places...in the trunk settings, or from an individual extensions settings, Outbound Caller ID.

You will have to do this for each extension, as it is assumed that each will be unique, a DID number. I see no easy way of doing this, but others may have some suggestions.

Hello @samlouis55

Please note that the PBX will not send the extension number through a trunk for security reasons. To be able to send the extension number the only way i can think of is the one you mentioned. The extension number has to be set as the outbound caller ID of the extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.