Need to enter phone PIN to answer calls?

Discussion in 'Android' started by politby, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. politby

-------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: LG G3 D855
    Firmware Version: 6.0

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset: [Phone]
    Contacts: [Google]
    Connection: [WiFi]
    Server: [Internal]

When there is an incoming call and the phone is in sleep mode, I have to unlock the phone in order to answer the call. Is this by design or can this behavior be changed?

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you open the 3CXPhone app and immediately lock the screen, for the first 20-30 seconds yes, you will have to unlock the screen because PUSH would not have kicked in yet. Once PUSH kicks in, then you should not have to unlock the the phone to answer.

3. politby

Unfortunately that does not seem to be the explanation. Even if the phone has been locked for half an hour or more the 3cx app will not bypass the lock. What does happen when there is an incoming call is that the screen lights up, the 3cx app briefly appears in the foreground and then immediately the lock screen appears again. And I have to unlock the phone in order to pick up the call.

I am starting to suspect this has something to do with the fact I am running Android 6.0 on this phone. I have configured three other phones, one of them is an identical LG G3 but running Android 5, as are the other two - an xperia Z and a Galaxy s6. They all work perfectly.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I know that it works on a LG Nexus 5 running Android 6.0.1, Unfortunately I haven't got a G3 somewhere which I could test.

5. daktur

daktur New Member

Hi All,

I realized that's only true if you lock the screen with 3CX opened, if it's running on background and you lock the screen you also have to insert phone pin to get the call, is there any way to fix that?
    I think being able to get a call from the lock screen even if the screen wasn't lock with 3cx open would be great.

I think there might be some programming mistake because all other software that manage calls, whatsapp, fb messenger and other let us pick calls without pin even if the app is running in background.

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.