Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Need to input number to transfer to

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by neville, Jul 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neville

neville New Member

I have a client that offers 24-hour support for emergency services. After hours, all calls transfer to the on duty persons work cellphone. This can change daily or throughout the night with no set pattern day to day.

I can use Call Flow to transfer using day and time of day, but need a way to dial into the system and input the on call number to transfer to. This number can change at any time.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Chuck

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Chuck,

Do you need 2 callflows? One to handle inbound calls and transfer them to the desired destination depending date and time? And the other for you to configure the phone number where calls must be transferred? Is this your scenario?

In that case, the second callflow just needs a User Input component to collect the number via DTMF, and then save that number in a database for example. Then the first callflow can take the destination number from the database.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    mortenjorge likes this.
  3. neville

neville New Member

Ernesto,

Thanks for the suggestion. I did as suggested except I used a txt file. Works great. Have a great day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.