Need to use PSTN line with 3cx temporarily

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Cjackson, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cjackson

Hi,

I have a client i'm looking at setting 3cx up for, we are due to set up the SIP trunks soon but their phone system is about to die and they want to move quickly, the problem is we have been quoted up to 6 weeks for the number to port and i don't think the phone system is going to last that long.

Is there a way i can purchase a device that will let me use the PSTN line in 3cx until the number has ported? and if so is there any documentation about setting it up?

Thanks in advance

CJ

2. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

3. Cjackson

awesome thanks, is there a model that would allow for more lines? say 2-4 lines?

4. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

5. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

6. Cjackson

How do you spoof the number? i have tested changing the caller ID field for an extension on our system but the call just fails, but this was how i was hoping to achieve this.

7. Cjackson

awesome, thanks everyone, a few good options here, i'll check if my trunk provider will help me with the number spoofing otherwise the Patton's look like good options.

thanks again.

8. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #8 jimbo59, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  9. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

I concur with Trifif. We do this all the time. It allows you to move off the failing phone system right away, without having to purchase a gateway that will have little purpose in a few weeks. It should be noted, however, that many SIP providers will NOT allow you to "spoof" your outbound caller ID. I could imagine a scenario where a company wanted to give the appearance that their calls are coming form the "tax authority" for nefarious reasons. So you can appreciate why the carrier may require your outbound caller IDs be in their inventory. Nevertheless, it is not uncommon for SIP carriers to allow you to spoof your caller ID. My point is you have to confirm. If you can spoof your caller ID, then simply forward your calls from the existing carrier to the temporary DIDs provided by your SIP carrier.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

One can spoof with flowroute and they only charge about $2 a month per line and .01 per minute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.