Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

NEEDED FEATURES

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tjericson, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjericson

Beta looks great! It would be great if it could do the following 2 important things:

Have the ability to ring the cell phone and the sip extension at the same time.

AND

The 3cx assistant should have the option to automatically place the extension in out of office if the assistant is not running, then have it change to available when its running.

Hope this can be included before the final release.

2. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

+1 for both suggestions.

And if I may add - ability to set the mobile phone to start ringing after a delay of x seconds.

This is something many customers ask for and our hosted competitors offer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. countrycomp

+1 for both features

4. matictec

matictec New Member

+1 for this nice ideas

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

to ring ur Mobile and ur EXT at the same time simply add 2 ext to the system. one for ur desktop phone and the other with a frwd to ur mobile. to save space in your CA set the "dummy frwd" to not be shown in CA.

6. matictec

matictec New Member

Sure. This is a possibility, but the user can't manage this himself. And the user does not want to care for two extensions.

7. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

http://www.3cx.com/forums/forwarding-rules-in-v9-15334.html

If the advanced feature was back, that should solve the forwarding issue.

8. tjericson

I know that it is possible with a work around to do it, we are doing it today with a ring group and 2 extensions, however you loose a lot of the good features by having people ring your rig group instead of your extension. Such as missed calls in the Myphone portal, caller id, etc. Seems like sloppy way to do it and it shows.

Competitors do this well with the followme feature, I know that this has been requested tons of times in the forums, and with today's mobile society, I do not want to be tied to a desk and I certainly do not want to manually forward it everytime I get up from my desk.

The Assistant features would be nice but the mobile integration is key to keeping your customers long term....

9. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Could you please specify differences between "ringgroup" approach and "findme/followme" approach implemented by competitors?

Thanks

10. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

Hi,

We have used the ring group approach so far because there was no other way.

Here is some of the features that competitors offer and we must compete with:
    - Register your mobile phone in your extension settings
    - Simultaneous ring of desk and mobile phone with possibility of x sec delay before the mobile phone starts ringing
    - Original caller id shown on mobile phone (302 Diversion)
    - Option if you want pbx to call your mobile number in the same way also for group/queue calls when the extension is part of a ring group or queue
    - When taking a call on the mobile phone, the extension shows as busy

Thanks,

11. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

In version 8 I could basically do what I wanted by having a call flow that would ring my extension, then call my cell phone, the new forwarding settings are purely that, call forwarding. I don't want forwarding, I want it to find me. If I am "away" it doesn't mean I am physically away, I could be watching a YouTube video but the away setting calls my cell phone, I need away to call extension and then extension + cell phone. Out of Office for me would mean physically not near my office so then mobile only is appropriate.

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes in a separate post I mentioned that in the AVAILABLE profile, we are going to add the ability to :
    Ring extension for x seconds and after that ...
    [Give the options to ring either: ]
    My mobile or an external number or skype id <<With/without rebound>>

Then there is a feature that we are going to include, that when an extension is a member of a group. it will ring the mobile number if the extension has a forward all rule (based within profile) to forward to an external number). Given that the global option to forward calls to group to external number is checked.

I think that this should cover all the functionality needed correct?

The mobile cannot set the extension as busy at the moment because they are totally separate entities. So in this case, the extension should be set to allow more than 1 sim calls. and in time it will arrive at the mobile if extension does not answer in x seconds.

13. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

This does not cover the possibilities well enough. You also need the same functionality for Away since the Away may simply mean I sitting there but am not working on my computer at the moment. Out of Office means I am not physically in the office, therefor I do not need my extension to ring at all. However, in Away mode I may be sitting there or maybe just went to the kitchen for a drink. There may be no need to call my mobile when in Away mode.

I personally just don't like having "wizards" like this as they just aren't very flexible. I would rather have a call flow builder under each tab that would allow me to create a new action and then branch to either "and then" or "at the same time" and add another action. This method is pretty straightforward and quite flexible.

Examples:

Available:
    Ring my extension for 20 seconds
    and then
    Go to voicemail

Away:
    ring my extension for 20 seconds
    and then
    Ring my extension for 20 seconds
    At the same time
    Ring my mobile for 20 seconds w/wo Rebound
    And then
    Goto Voicemail

Having a simple grid entry screen would make this fairly easy to setup and provide a LOT more functionality.

14. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

Thanks for answering, some comments:

- Why not give the ability of simultaneous ring where mobile starts ringing after x seconds? This is what most of our customers ask for.
    - Will Diversion header be used so that one can see who is calling?

- Why not use same functionality as for calls direct to the extension - give the ability of simultaneous ring after x seconds? This is what most of our customers ask for. Of course the best solution would be to give possibility to enable/disable this on extension level.
    - Will Diversion header be used so that one can see who is calling?

I understand that this can be difficult to achieve but this is something that some competitors offer.

But at last let me also say that 3CX is great :p . Otherwise we wouldn't choose to work with it.
    Keep up the good work!

15. Patrickvanesch

Another request, also asked in version 8.0, to make the SIP info option.
    It`s very important to have this in Holland, so you can hear if the call is internal or external.

Please add this option in the 3CX 9.0.....

16. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Diversion header will only be used when you forward all calls to that number and if you have a DID assigned to the number. Once the call hits the system, i.e. IVR or goes to an extension and rings, Diversion header is no longer possible. It would create a mess, as there would be a lot of exceptions situations that require different handling and would make the whole system very difficult to support for 3CX and for partners.

However, caller ID will be forwarded when forwarding the call, so if your telco/voip provider allows it and your gateway or voip provider is correctly configured the number will be forwarded as well.

17. clarityscg

+1

I agree with Kerry -

18. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

I can't see why this would be a problem. If an outbound call is not from an internal source then it is in fact being diverted or not?

And why have this setting at extension level? Why not put the ability to add diversion header in an outbound rule and let admins who want to use it direct these calls through this outbound rule?

19. smb1

smb1 New Member

+1 on this.

Losing potential sales due to the lack of flexibility in call flow in this exact scenarios a few time recently.

20. houston

Interesting feature I am seeing with Google Voice that is relevant to this.

There's an Android app that based on the phone location will change Google Voice call forwarding settings. So, if my phone shows me being "at the office" it will automatically set Google Voice to ring my office phone..when I am away from the office, the Office phone doesn't ring.

So, while I'd love to see 3CX come out with a "MyPhone" app for iPhone/Android/Blackberry (and it'd be a killer selling point for the system.), at the very least make sure these settings are easily changed by anyone that wants to create such an app. (Doubtful, the 3CX market isn't likely to be large enough..sigh :( )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.