Nesting Ring Groups

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ZER0SEN, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZER0SEN

Hey all,

It's my first time using 3CX and I am trying to implement a certain strategy. The way my deployment is structured I require separate ring groups for three agents, but I need to make sure all their phones ring at once when a call comes in. There is only one number for the site, after all.

Usually I accomplish this by creating a ring group which leads to "sub-ring groups" if you will. So, the first one rings for a second then hands off to each agents separate group where their actual phones are.

I'm not sure if 3CX will allow this or not, seeing as how there seems to be on option to forward to more than one ring group at a time.

Is there some other option I should consider to accomplish this job? As I said, this is my first time with 3CX.

Thanks for your time and consideration!

-ZER0SEN

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What is the reasoning behind ringing a group "for a second"? Ring groups can forward off if not answered after a given time, and you could send to another ring group that can contain members of the first. You can't sent it to multiple ring groups simultaneously, only one destination at a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.